No Water Flow

I ran a hose back from the pump basket and I got water coming out my cleaner line in the pool, so the line is ok that far.

How do I check for a leak or blockage in the lines around the pump/filter area?

Last edited:
Check the vacuum pressure and pressure test the lines.

You can put a vacuum gauge in the pump front drain plug, but be careful because the hole can crack if you screw it in too tight or if you use too much Teflon tape.

1694884884122-png.530534

A couple years ago I took the pump apart and cleaned the impeller. Is that something that might help here?

Also, when i open the valve on the top of the DE filter when it is running, I don't get any air coming out there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we were trying to take off the plate with the four bolts to put the new seal kit in and the whole plate fell off and where the four bolts attach, it was disintegrating. So I think it's time for a new pump. Suggestions?

So following up on my no water flow posting, I was getting ready to put in a new seal kit while cleaning the impeller and the plate that takes the four screws on our Whisperflo literally crumbled apart as I was trying to take off the four bolts. parts of the plate are just like dust. So I think given the age of our pump, roughly 15 years, I am shifting to looking for a new pool pump. I know back awhile a lot of folks were recommending the Intelliflow VS pump. Is that still the gold standard or are there others that are worth considering? Also, roughly how much does it cost to have it installed?

Check your with your power provider for a rebate.

Pentair is the gold standard. The IntelliFlo 11057 should be a direct fit.

This is the best value in 3hp VS pumps:

Reactions: wireform
The Calimar is a Chinese made pump which is sold under a number of brands in the United States. Prices and warranties vary by vendor. If you don't have any automation you're trying to match, you're really only giving up reliability and the reputation of a proven brand. There been a lot of members that have purchased the Calimar and Black & Decker versions of the pump and have been satisfied. Do some research here using the search function.

The Calimar pump has been on backorder. When I last checked, the vendor was expecting a shipment from overseas by the end of the month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.