Sep 20, 2014
Pleasanton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
We are still waiting on equipment placement for our new fiberglass pool. It was installed late September but the pool builder says their equipment supplier has no equipment to deliver. Their supplier is Pentair. Has anyone heard of this problem? They did send a pool cleaner out to clean it once, but it still has a pretty good amount of dirt and rocks in it. It’s filled with water, but my question is do you guys have any other ideas on how to clean this thing a little better without equipment? I’ve been able to get some of the rocks out with a leaf skimmer. I don’t exactly want to get in this thing with no chlorine in it and even though we’re in Texas it’s still a little cold…lol.

If there is no update on equipment this week, I’m going to try to cut a deal with them to get my own equipment and install myself. We’ve had a pool for 30 years and I’ve done several filter and pump change outs.

the pool builder says their equipment supplier has no equipment to deliver. Their supplier is Pentair. Has anyone heard of this problem?
The SWGs are in short supply at the moment, for example, IC20s or 60s are hard to come by. Some pumps are hit or miss too.

It's probably that the supplier has exhausted their alloted supply and can't get more. When I built last year all the local builders and pool stores were locked into the same 2 suppliers who couldn't get anything. I was able to get it all online within a couple of weeks, but one piece from each corner of the country. Lol.

The PB may not fairly credit you if they allow you to either get the equipment for them to install, or for you to totally DIY.

Reactions: bluetahoe
Thanks so much guys! We have always had gunite pools. If I decide to wait on the pool builder for our equipment, is there any issue with staining or damaging the fiberglass gel coat due to an extended time with dirt and algae in the pool? Would you add any chlorine or worry about pH while we’re waiting?

is there any issue with staining or damaging the fiberglass gel coat due to an extended time with dirt and algae in the pool?
Probably not, but this would get me off the robot fence I've been sitting on for 2 years. You could run the robot daily to stir up the pool after adding chlorine. The water won't be polished without a filter, but it will be crystal clear dirty. Lol. Still way better than a swamp tho.

I would brush well after adding chlorine because it's heavier than water and may puddle up on the bottom, but then I'd run the robot.

Be forewarned, @TKpoolOH did this and it worked well, but it took a long time for the filter to catch up when it was finally put into service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.