no chlorine reading

I have scrubbed everything in the pool, vacuumed and brushed and I see no visible signs of algae however when I was scrubbing the solar blanket I found algae and it won't scrub off so no more blanket. That may have been my culprit last night. I added bleach and right now I'm sitting at 21.5 FC and .5 CC. guess we'll see where that goes over night. I can't test anymore today I have mares about to foal so I need to be at the barn. Hopefully I've got this pool thing on the run and in the morning it won't have dropped to much. Thanks to all who have encouraged me and helped. Most appreciated.

Woohoo I may have this pool this on the go. My last test yesterday 430pm was 21.5 FC and my 1ST test this morning 9am was 11! CC .5. Yeah I know I'm not done but this is really good! Off to the barn then more bleach. I hope the nasty storm predicted for the day don't mess with it to much. Happy Days!

Hey guys. Feeling good about the SLAM and feel like I'm finally nearing the end..... now I have another issue that I have no idea what to do about. Don't laugh....I went out to check the pool just now between storms and my pool has a fair amount of bird poo in it! The deck is nasty as well. I vacuumed as quickly as I could to get it out bc we have another thunder storm coming quickly. I'll be power washing deck tomorrow. Anyone know what to do about birds pooping all over the deck and in the pool. Can't remember ever having to deal with this before..... I did notice some the other day but it was very minimal, today it's bad. I can only imagine what bird poop in the pool will cause it to do.

Do you have a dog? Can you teach him to chase the birds away? I was able to teach one of mine to chase the crows away.

Poo is poo and is bad for a pool. Time to find a way to keep them away. Any idea what kind of birds they are?

We will brain storm and see what we come up with.

Kim

I have no trees in my yard but my neighbors do, no wires, and my entire yard is fenced not around the pool so no close fence for them to perch on. I have thot about renewing my old hobby, that was my husband solution as well. I'm thinking they are black birds and I have seen a bluejay now and again.. I do have dogs but unfortunately they are old and bird chasing isn't their thing anymore they just watch them now. I'm just sick about it I have done so much work to get the pool clear and clean and blue.

Good morning. Last night my FC was 21.5 this morning it is 17 so I have dropped 4.5 over night. CC 0 both times. My question is.....is the OCLT truly overnight or just a period of time say 12-14 hours. I added some bleach per the pool calculator but promised grandson that he could swim tomorrow, school out today, so I need to let it drop below 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Anther question...if I stay on top of this do I ever have to SLAM again this season or just bring it to shock level for shocking after a get together.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The OCLT is from dark to dark. I have never heard of a certain number of hours but that is a VERY good question. I am going to find out for myself just so I know. I will get back with you on that.

Let the Grandson swim!

If you keep your pool balanced and clean you should never have to SLAM again. Just before a get together raise your FC to just under SLAM level and raise it again after the fun. I run my pump for 24 hours after a big get together just because it makes me feel good that I am cleaning out everything that was put into the pool.

Kim (did your horse have the baby? Do we get to see pics???)

Good Morning Appaloosastar,
Welcome to TFP.
First off, i want to commend you on being open to a new method. Reading your whole thread, just makes me smile and want to tell you that you are a remarkable person.
I have an acquaintance that used to managed a public pool for years and he is so set in his ways that i am unable to change it. Makes me frustrated because his pool is almost at the edge of an outbreak continuously.

Just keep putting the bleach to it and it will come out perfect.

WooHoo I made it!!!! 67 gallons of bleach later I had a 21.5 FC last night and a 18 FC this morning. I am sooooo happy!!!! I have an amazingly crystal clear pool and just in time for some super hot weather. I am really glad I found this site and really glad that I had a host of people cheering me on and giving me great advice. You all have made this transformation for so much easier than I expected. Once again a special thank you to Texas Splash who just told me to open my mind and forget my old ways and give it a chance. It worked. Thank you all so much.

Oh I'm done for the evening. And I just realized I need to get more reagents in here quickly. Guess I better order tonight and end up paying more for quick shipping. Need more R-0871 for taylor test kit. I probably only have enuf for a few more tests. My previous post still stands I am really thankful and grateful for everyone on this site. Sometimes you just need someone to bring an error to your attention and while initially you may want to scream it is why people come here...right? To get help and assistance. I have enjoyed skulking about reading other posts and replies it reminds me of some calls from customers of long ago. We were not a pool store (sales and construction only) but offered assistance to all our customers on a regular basis. I had one lady that if she called me once she called me 50 time to ask how to release the pressure from her system to get off the lid to rinse her cartridge. She had a pressure relief value staring her in the face but she just didn't get it. I made several trips to her house, 1/2 drive, to show her and was on the phone with her so many times but I never lost my patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.