Newbie Here

My rule of thumb is I get 10 gallons to start and see how long I crank through them. When I get down to 2, I start getting more usually 6-8 at a time. That is just me though

Reactions: cdadams1223
Yes, but if you are making additions every couple hours, your FC will not be at 0 every time.
I realized that after I posted LOL. I just bought 9 gallons of LC from Walmart which appears to be the cheapest compared to Lowe's next door. Guess it doesn't hurt to have extra on hand.

Reactions: clambert1273
Well, I got home and started the process. I brushed and vacuumed the pool, cleaned the filter, and just added enough MuA to take the pH down to 7.2. Not sure how long that takes...I'm ready to dump in FC to get to 20ppm.

Well, I just checked the FC...it's a 27. Not sure how my calculations got off but that number was meant to be 20ppm. Hope that's okay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I just checked the FC...it's a 27. Not sure how my calculations got off but that number was meant to be 20ppm. Hope that's okay.
Your FC will fall off quick enough. Double check the percentage of hypochlorite in the liquid you used against what you entered into Pool Math. If it's right, then back your pool size down a bit.

Lol too bad humidity doesn't bother me at all it actually helps my dry skin. I challenge to be here dead heat summer when it's 120 daytime & 100 night time 😂😂 only reprieve is AC or pool lol

• Wow
Your FC will fall off quick enough. Double check the percentage of hypochlorite in the liquid you used against what you entered into Pool Math. If it's right, then back your pool size down a bit.
I did...it's 10%. I will make the adjustments to the Pool Math app per your recommendation. Thanks!
Close to 2 hrs later and the FC is at 26.5. I'm thankful that the reagent bottle is HUGE because that was 53 drops! I'm not seeing quite the drop I thought I'd see. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I can't imagine it being the latter. Should I do the OCLT before I go to bed and check it tomorrow morning?

Reactions: clambert1273
I checked my FC this morning before work and it was at 24...still 4ppm > my FC limit. It's gonna be a sunny day so I'll check it at lunch when I'm home and add LC if needed. Guess I need to brush the walls, etc. this evening?

Reactions: PoolStored
Before bed last night, FC was 20.5. Woke up this morning, FC was 20.5 and CC was 0.0!!! I believe I am done with the SLAM. Water clarity is there, I think.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.