Newb needing plenty of pool guidance

You can purchase liquid chlorine (pool chlorinating liquid )
at Walmart, lowes, Home Depot, ace hardware etc.
also some pool stores sell it & may have larger refillable jugs at a discount after you pay the deposit for the jug.
We have one around here that also services pools on a route so they always have fresh stuff & it beats the Walmart price.
Fill out your signature with all your pool info, equipment, automation, etc. & we can help you with more specific answers about a swg that might meet your needs.

FC/CYA Levels
Well at this time we don’t have that money up front and are not invested with that.
Looks like we will be attempting liquid chlorine,or pristine blue. Hubby isn’t sold on not doing pristine blue. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Brink,
Pristine blue is just a very expensive menagerie of mostly unnecessary chemicals [copper based algaecide, sequesterants, clarifiers, mps (oxidizer), dichlor & “trade secret” ingredients]
designed to keep the pool clear of algae at low fc levels without much regard for how sanitary it is. Clear water doesn’t always = safe, sanitary water.
If you don’t follow the proper
FC/CYA Levels nasties will grow, period.
The main form of chlorine used in the system is dichlor which adds an equal amount of cya for every ppm of free chlorine it adds. This means under sanitized water can happen pretty quickly as the cya builds up if fc levels aren’t also increased.
While having a swg to dose your pool with fc adequately for you is nice & convenient it’s not absolutely necessary. All you need to have a clean, clear, safe pool is adequate chlorine in relation to your cya level & a proper test kit to help you keep all your other parameters within recommended ranges.

Test Kits Compared

Reactions: dfwnoob and Newdude
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but if you have sensitive skin issues, the pristine blue system has the potential to add a myriad of chemicals to the pool you don't need on your skin. I know exactly what goes into my pool every year - liquid chlorine and baking soda if needed. There's no cooper or other metals or mystery ingredients.
Seriously, the safety data sheet for their Pristine Clean doesn't even list the components - it literally just says "trade secrets" so you have no idea what you are putting in the pool and potentially on your skin.
I know how difficult spouses can be to convince but just food for thought!

1683570361150.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.