New to the Forum Need Help

If I understand correctly, you added the granular stabilizer via the sock method. That means that it was dissolved before it went to your filter and little would be removed thru backwashing. And the liquid stabilizer is already mixed in the water :wink:

Since your normal/clean filter pressure is 10, then you should backwash around 12 or 13 psi.

Yes the granular went in a tube sock in the skimmer. Will backwash. I went ahead and raised the FC to a 6 tonight and will check for any loss tommrow night and if my CC comes up or I lose alot of FC I will shock it. What do you think on my CH it is a 90 should I try to raise this? Thanks for you help

Good call on the sock.

Have you looked at your csi (calcite saturation index) in the poolcalculator? I am no expert at csi, but poolcalculator suggests that you are on the low end (I got -0.64 for your pool) and might be at risk since you have a plaster pool. In your case since you TA is fairly low and ph is not low, you could probably benefit from adding calcium. The recommended level for plaster pools is 250-350. If you shoot for a CH of 250 ppm your csi will be right around 0, which is ideal.

Yes, you should raise the CH; however, finish all other balance/shock issues first.

Raising CH is something that should be done on its own day.
IOW, get everything right and the next day you can increase the CH.

As linen mentioned, a CH of 250-350 is recommended for plaster pools. You can broadcast it in the deep end and brush to help dissolve. Some folks mix it in a bucket of pool water before adding it to the pool. It gets kinda warm when you do this tho.

7:30 test FC 6 CC 0.5 PH 7.6 No loss of FC I raised it to a 6 last night and no drop today. The pool is as clear as it has ever been. I will work on the CH in a few days I just want to set back and enjoy.I will be testing FC and PH every day but I think I will know when something is up just by looking at the water even with the light on at night it looks like glass. I know more questions will come but once again thank you so much for all the help

pr1961 said:
7:30 test FC 6 CC 0.5 PH 7.6 No loss of FC I raised it to a 6 last night and no drop today. The pool is as clear as it has ever been. I will work on the CH in a few days I just want to set back and enjoy.I will be testing FC and PH every day but I think I will know when something is up just by looking at the water even with the light on at night it looks like glass. I know more questions will come but once again thank you so much for all the help
Am I missing something? Your FC did not change from 7:30 pm last night to 7:30 pm this night with no drop? You added no chlorine, or ran a chlorinator? What is your water temp? How much sun did you have today?

I did add chlorine last night according to the calulator to bring it to a 6. I do not have a chlorinator. Partly cloudy today. Water temp 70. Are you seeing something in my numbers that Im missing? No FC drop a little crazy. Its a new one for me.

Did you test the actual level of FC about 30 minutes after you added chlorine? I am guessing it had to overshoot for you to be at 6 after 24 hours.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NO IM sorry today has been one of them days. I check it this moring before I left and it was a 6. I raised it up to a last night. Then I checked at 7:30 tonight at it was still a 6. I could have blown the test to will recheck in the moring. You are not short I just hate typing period.

linen Im going to run the test tonight I think I screwed up. My Fc is a 6 now nothing has been added tonight when I check it in the moring if no drop or less then 1 im ok is this right?

6:30am test CC 0.5 FC 5.5 PH 7.6 I think I passed my (OCLT) test? Last night I was a 6 on the FC and all other numbers stayed the same with nothing added to the pool. I think Im clean.I know my pool will be cleaner then me tonight pouring a 600CY Bridge deck today. Off I go 12 Hr Pour. I will have my laptop to check in with Thanks

Well 3 or 4 days with no questions but I have one now. #s at 6:00 tonight FC 5 CC 0.5 PH 8.0 CYA 50. Over shot my CYA wanted a 45 but 50 is good.

We have had 4in of rain in the last 16hrs I lost some FC was 6.5 yesterday will the rain like we have had do this and also my PH jumped from a 7.6 to a 8.0?

Also reading on here alot does any one have any comments on the Liquidator? Good or bad.

We are going to 14hr days with are highway work 6 days a week if this product gets the thumbs up it might make my life a little easier.

Pool is clear as can be even with all the rain. As always best pool forum on the net and thanks for all your help.

pr1961 said:
We have had 4in of rain in the last 16hrs I lost some FC was 6.5 yesterday will the rain like we have had do this and also my PH jumped from a 7.6 to a 8.0?
Rain can aerate the water and cause ph to rise.

pr1961 said:
Also reading on here alot does any one have any comments on the Liquidator? Good or bad.

We are going to 14hr days with are highway work 6 days a week if this product gets the thumbs up it might make my life a little easier.
I can not speak for the liquidator, but my salt water chlorine generator (swg) makes my life easier.

pr1961 said:
Mine are good. And bad :( Ok not really bad!

For your size pool the 8-gal LQ (liquidator) should work great. If you can get your usage down to about 2 ppm per day you'll be adding about 2½ quarts a day so 8 gallons would allow you to go about 12 days.

There is a caveat to the LQ. If you have a lot of leaves that collect in the skimmer you'll either have to constantly work to keep the skimmer clear or you'll be constantly adjusting the LQ to keep from emptying it in one day (trust me on that).

I owned an LQ for 2 years and it worked well 90% of the time. I live in a forest with many huge oak and pine trees, so my skimmer fills up almost every day. The fact that it relies on the suction head of the pool to adjust the amount of chlorine added to the pool is a challenge in that situation because as the skimmer fills up the suction head rises and the LQ delivers more FC.

Other than that one caveat, I whole heartedly recommend the LQ.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.