Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior - Suction Side Cleaner - 360302 - INYOPools.com
I have one of these. It does a nice job, though I can't recommend it yet, because I've only had it for around 8 months. It needs around 40 gpm to do the walls and I run mine at 25/30 gpm because just vacuuming the floor is fine with me.

Robots are $2K down here, so I have to live with brushing. One of the pools I help out with has a robot and it's nice not to have to brush that pool other than the very few spots it can't get to.

If a full robot is not in the cards, look into a cheap suction side cleaner (assuming you're plumbed for it). Mine has saved my life, and at $225, is a price inside my meager budget for now.

I think we are getting a little too advanced for where I am with the pool.

The pool has been poorly maintained and it has two patches on the floor of the liner. I’m afraid that a robot will remove one or both.

For now my goal is to learn what I need to do to maintain the pool and to get good at doing that. It has been an extremely frustrating process up till now. Thanks to this site I have decided to try and learn how to do it myself.

Thank you all for your help and advice! Without you I’d be filling it in and planting grass. Now on to conquer my timer issues.

SO glad we have been able to help you learn how to take care of it! yeah sounds like good ol' manual vacuum will be best for you pool. That is what I have and it works just fine!

Timer? want to post a pic or tell the "story"? We might be able to figure that one out also!

Kim:kim:

Well it was an easy "fix". I read a couple posts here on timers and expected to run through a list of things to check. Turns out they wired it to the power switch for the secondary pump. I can't turn off the secondary pump because it turns off the timer. Lol. Can't make this stuff up.

Hey ConvingtonPoolGuy,

Just a belated note to say 'welcome' and mention that I've been following the TFP method for a few years now with above ground pools -- been working great for me here in Mandeville, La near your neck of the woods.

Keep on keepin' on!

Well it was an easy "fix". I read a couple posts here on timers and expected to run through a list of things to check. Turns out they wired it to the power switch for the secondary pump. I can't turn off the secondary pump because it turns off the timer. Lol. Can't make this stuff up.

:confused: WOW! Good thing you are doing it one thing at a time...........how is the house? Are you finding "fun" things like this in it as well?

Thank you for the encouragement selftaught! Glad to know I have neighbors on TFP.

Kimkats, yes we are! The home is only 9 years old. Just for starters the previous owners "installed" a new motor on the AC unit to run the fan. They hooked up the coil incorrectly and it burned out in 2 weeks. I also have 8 palm trees that I know nothing about, luckily there is a forum for them too! I'm just trying to make one change at a time, see how it works for a bit, then on to the next thing.

Requested pictures (for some reason they all rotated):

Pool1.jpg

Pool2.jpg

Pool3.jpg

Thank you all for your help!

We have had three people inspect the equipment and all of them wanted to replace something different. Lol. Hard to trust people when they want you to spend $1000 before you even know them. Finally found someone we could trust. Other than a new liner, I think we are ok for a while.

Yes, I'm not looking forward to replacing the sand in that filter.

The plastic and PVC are all getting chalky from the direct sun. I was thinking of building a alshroud to protect them.

Pool is getting closer to normal
FC 11.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.4
TA 60
CYA 116

Talk to me about your thoughts on the equipment. Does all of it work?

If it all works the only thing I would change would be the "switchless pump". If you get a 2 speed pump it will save you money in the long run. BUT saying that you can keep the old pump until it gives out. That is up to you.

You should never have to change the sand. We do something we call a deep clean as seen here:

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Building something to protect the equipment may be a good idea. Just keep in mind being able to work in it and having plenty air flow for it. Lattice or such could be pretty and easy to do and work with.

How is your PH holding now?

Other than the CYA being higher than we would like everything does look good. Do you get quite a bit of rain? If so that will help lower the CYA with draining the pool down and letting the rain fill it back up. You could also drain some water (see Pool Math to see how much) and refill with a hose. It is up to you how fast you want it to happen.

How does the water look now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think we are getting a little too advanced for where I am with the pool.

The pool has been poorly maintained and it has two patches on the floor of the liner. I’m afraid that a robot will remove one or both.

For now my goal is to learn what I need to do to maintain the pool and to get good at doing that. It has been an extremely frustrating process up till now. Thanks to this site I have decided to try and learn how to do it myself.

Thank you all for your help and advice! Without you I’d be filling it in and planting grass. Now on to conquer my timer issues.

I entirely understand. I heard a lot of folks recommending robots and wanted to make sure you knew there was a less expensive alternative. :)

Best of luck with the pool. We're happy to help!

Talk to me about your thoughts on the equipment. Does all of it work?

Yes, all of the equipment is working properly now. Other than the incorrect timer wiring, I hope not to do anything until I have to.

You should never have to change the sand. We do something we call a deep clean as seen here:

Thank you! I was told by one of the companies that I needed a new filter or at least change the sand in the one I have. I do not know what promped him to suggest that.

How is your PH holding now?

The pH kas been consistant at 7.4 since I started testing the pool.

How does the water look now?

The water looks great. We are waiting on the vacuum peices to be delivered. Once brushed and vacuumed it will look awesome thanks to y'all's help!

I heard a lot of folks recommending robots and wanted to make sure you knew there was a less expensive alternative.

Thank you, I'm all for less expensive!

Thank you! I was told by one of the companies that I needed a new filter or at least change the sand in the one I have. I do not know what promped him to suggest that.

I know! I know! $$$$$$$$$

I WOULD do the deep clean just because you have no idea what has been done and it is FREE. Well free unless you count the beers! :slidehalo:

This makes my heart happy! To me it is kind of zin to vacuum in the summer but not now in the burrrr

If you would you can help the site out by becoming a supporting member (link at the top of the page). It helps us keep the lights on. No pressure as everyone will get the help they need no matter what!

:hug:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.