New to pool, Volume and Liner issues

Fbskiracer

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2020
Upstate NY
I'm totally new to pools. We had a house built with a pool right before COVID. I have been trying to figure out most of the pool stuff on my own because quite frankly we were less than thrilled with the installation of our pool and the salesman afterwards.

1) How do I best calculate volume. I have used online calculators and got 20% differences in volume (16-20K gallon). I attached my schematic of my plan.

2) With a vinyl pool that is brand new. It was installed in October before we movied in and they just got it running post COVID. I have wrinkles in the floor of the pool in some places. Visually they are hard to see, but easy to feel. Is this to be expected or unacceptable? I also have dual drains in the deep and there is a circular depression I am estimating about 2inches deep where I assume a single drain was supposed to go. Is this normal or a problem?

Attachments

• Pool Layout.JPG
    Pool Layout.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 11
Welcome and congrats on the new pool! :wave: for your two questions:
1 - Take some basic measurements as best as you can (LxWxD) to get a basic total cubic foot idea. You can also use our PoolMath web-page feature near the bottom to help get gallons based on each measurement. From that point, let's say you estimate the pool to be 15K. If you use the PoolMath APP to dose chlorine for a 15K pool and the FC doesn't get as high as you expected, the 15K may be too low. It works the other way as well. If your dosage goes well over what you expected, then 15K may be too high and the pool smaller than you though.
2 - As for the wrinkles and depression, that's a tough one. Not much that can be done at this point. Wrinkles have to be rolled-out immediately upon fill. The depression you see shouldn't be a problem as long as it doesn't get worse or someone doesn't look at it as a place to push their toes through.

We hope you enjoy the new pool. If you still have questions please let us know.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.