Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I'm lucky enough to get the burned TCell cable issue (see pics), yay..

My pool is 19,000 gallons but the builder installed a 40k gallon Hayward Goldline TurbeoCell TCell940. Should I replace this with a 20k gallon TCell or I get another 40K gallon version?

1669919122322.png

To answer my own question, I found an old post that says to double your pool T-Cell, so I should get a 40k gallon version.

It's too bad these things fail so quickly. My 3rd one just failed in 3 years.

1669919522491.png

Reactions: markayash
Sorry, let me clarify my earlier comment..

The two previous TCell’s were replaced under warranty, two separate issues. The first one had gunite in the fins likely came through the pipes after the build, the 2nd just failed, and the third (this) has a burned cable.

My pool builder told me multiple times my equipment was warrantied for 3 years (also dealing with a leaking booster pump). After searching in vane for a replacement TCell 940, I called my builder ready to pay/install a new unit. Fortunately they told me the TCell is still under warranty (4 year) so they’re coming Monday to swap this out. Good news in the end, but I also have no confidence this new unit will last.

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.