NEW > SoCal Vanishing Edge

Looks fantastic!
Glad to see a catch tank that correctly sized. You see far too many that arent wide enough and that leads to a high rate of water loss due to splashing.

As a contractor, Im also glad to see all that rebar! I see a lot of builds there in the US (Im from Australia) that seem to have a minimum of rebar.
Definitely looking forward to seeing this pool progress

Nice pool. Why do you have the negative edge going towards the house and not the opposite direction? What is the distance between the top of the pool and the top of the catch basin? I am planning on building a negative edge on a sloped lot also and this information will be helpful.

Re: NEW > SoCal Vanishing Edge

Where did the pics/post go? I wanna see!!!!!!!!!

Kim

I'm having issues getting the pictures to post...the method I used to use (links from Flickr) is no longer working. :brickwall:

But I'll keep trying...or find another solution. Just filled it overnight so plenty to share since last here.

Awesome, who is your PB?

Sundancer Pools, they are in San Diego County :thumleft:

Nice pool. Why do you have the negative edge going towards the house and not the opposite direction? What is the distance between the top of the pool and the top of the catch basin? I am planning on building a negative edge on a sloped lot also and this information will be helpful.

Not sure where you get the impression that the negative edge goes towards the house...it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATED: It just dawned on me what you meant by your comment about the "negative edge going towards the house" You're talking about the slope of the angle (not which end of the pool). I questioned the builder when he looked at my design and said I should draw it the way you see it built (I originally had designed it the other way). He claims they have gotten much better results by doing so. This was back in October so I'm a little fuzzy on the particulars but next time I talk to him I’ll try to get the info again and post it here.

Top of negative edge to top of the catch basin is 5' and the basin is 4'-6" ...so 9 1/2 feet from negative edge to basin floor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Out standing pool with an outstanding view. When I saw your design, I was wondering how people would be able to be at the edge and look at the view. Is the additional edge to sit on? On our pool we just hang on the edge enjoying the view

Re: NEW > SoCal Vanishing Edge

I saw them! WOW! I remember this build when you were not sure about the angle of the drop off to the deep end. It looks like it was fixed.

I love the colors! I bet it looks great at night!

Kim

Yes the angle was fixed.

...and I'll get some more shots added in the next week or so that show it at night.

Out standing pool with an outstanding view. When I saw your design, I was wondering how people would be able to be at the edge and look at the view. Is the additional edge to sit on? On our pool we just hang on the edge enjoying the view

The additional edge is definitely for sitting / resting and I'm sure that in the case of the grandkids it'll be for jumping off of (back into the pool)

Wow, that's incredible. What was plaster and pool tile selection?

First off, thank you to everyone for all the nice comments...we're really happy with how it turned out.

The plaster is Stonescapes® Mini Pebbles - Black with several bags of Touch of Glass Black (just the black glass beads from the mix) added to give it more "black" and some sparkle.

The 'tile' (as in the water tile line) is Honey Wheat Natural Ledge Stone Veneer that matches up well with the Cameron 25" x 16" x 3" pieces used for the coping.

The negative edge (both for the pool & spa) are Black Glass 1" x 1" (although the actual tiles are really 3/4" square)

The spillway wall into the catch basin is tiled in 4" x 4" Bellagio BEL – 6Blend Beige from NPTG ...this was used to match the surrounding stucco.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.