New salt chlorinator or Slam?

That is only adding 0.7 ppm FC per day. Way too little.
Once your finish SLAM, set the SWCG to 100% and run for at least 12 hours. That will give you 3 ppm FC per day. Might be enough in your climate. If FC goes down, raise it to 16 hours

I’ll increase the time I run the the pump and swg. I didn’t think in last years I ran it that long.
Just checked the levels. CYA is 50

I didn’t think in last years I ran it that long.
You may not have, because no two seasons are the same. Its up to you to adapt to this season. For example, the UV hasnt been as bad this year but the Canadian ash was way worse for the east coast.

If you're producing too much FC, then lower the runtime and/or %.

If you're not producing enough FC, then raise the runtime and/or %.

Buying a new cell to run it too much or too little won't help.

I’d dump in some chlorine to get the FC back where it needs to be and do an OCLT tonight. Make sure the SWG is turned off. If you fail, you know you’ve got algae hiding somewhere. Slam it again for a CYA of 50. Check and scrub every nook and cranny you can think of. If water goes there, algae grows there.

Update turned up swg to 60% and run pump about 11 or 12 hours per day. It’s been two weeks it’s been great nice and clear. So increasing duration must have been the key to increasing my FC in the necessary range. I probably didn’t need to buy a new salt cell 🤦‍♂️

I probably didn’t need to buy a new salt cell 🤦‍♂️
Costs have gone up every couple of years so that nobody buys their next cell for the cost of the last cell. Use the new one until the warranty expires. Then put the old one back in until it dies. Then use the new one for its remaining life.

You'll likely make out in the long run.

Reactions: moreira85
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.