Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

I am looking for recommendations on upgrading my pump. I am looking for a pump that you can set timing on to conserve energy. Auto shutoff that is programmable.

Please advise your thoughts and reasons to why you recommend the specific unit.

Many thanks in advance!

The most energy efficient pumps are variable speed pumps amd they have built in timers to control them. The best options for your pool are the Pentair Superflo 1.5 hp VS pump or the Hayward Maxflo 1.5 hp VS pump.

I went with the Pentair Superflo VS. I searched both Pentair Superflo VS and Hayward Super Pump VS, I could not justify the price of the Pentair Intelliflo or the Hayward Tristar. I went with Pentair cause it can be wired for either 230 or 110 and I was not sure how old pump was wired. the Hayward Superpump and Maxflo was available in one voltage or the other and if I bought the 230 V and my pump was wired for 110- I would have had to get an electrician to replace wiring and circuit. Also liked Pentair because the speed range is higher, I think the Pentair goes up to 3400 RPM and the Hayward Superpump and Maxflo goes up to 3000 RPM. My old pump was 3450 RPM so I liked the idea of the higher RPM capability.
They come with a timer and have capability to set three different setting at different speeds. I have mine set up to run for 5 hours at 2500 RPM, 7 hours to run at 1500 RPM and 3 hours to run at 2800 RPM. it then shuts itself off and does not start again until 9 hours later and it starts the cycle again. If I need to change the speed for whatever reason, I can manually increase or decrease and it will run until that timing sequence ends and revert back to the preprogrammed settings.

I am very pleased so far with my choice. It is very quiet, it shuts itself off at the end of the three cycles or it can be set to run 24 hours- I don't want it to run 24 hrs. I am reading my meter everyday and it is not using near as much electricity as my old single speed pump did.

I'm not recommending the Pentair over the Hayward- as far as I could tell in researching them- they are essentially the same, they operate in the same manner and can both be programmed to run at whatever speed you want for however long you want it to run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.