New Pool Owner looking to Learn...Where to Start?

ok thanks poolmom! I'll do another overnight loss test tonight just to make sure of the numbers.

I'll try a search for learning some info on a solar cover... It'll be nice to have but I'm not sure how much I'll end up using it .

well after a great first season I'm already looking forward to the next! I'm so thankful for all the help on here and getting me up and running with my first pool! Below are a few photos later in the season.

7-30-10-59.jpg

7-30-10-65.jpg

This upcoming season Ive got a few to-do's before opening...1 being replacing some tile to stop the leaking problem I've got on the water line.

Next i'm exploring the idea of adding a solar heater...I'm a pretty handy person but Ive got questions about this. I plan on just getting some panels and plumbing everything myself, putting it on my flat roof and making everything able to dis-assemble to remove it from the roof in the winter. So my questions are as follows:

1. I've read good things about some panels on ebay, And another i have bought the same brand (sun grabber) from a retailer instead of ebay. Specifically these on ebay. Whats your thoughts on these? I'd plan on getting 2 panels this size.
2. Do these need to be mounted to some type of rack so that they are tipped, even though I've got a southern exposed flat roof?
3. The best location on my roof is probably about 40-50' from the pump, Ive got a 1 1/2hp pump now, Should this be enough? i know this is a guess.
4. I'm assuming something like this is going to need to be secured to the roof? Thats going to be hard on a flat roof where penetrations to the rubber is a bad thing...guessing this means some kind of rack?

Any other questions i should be asking? I've estimated that i've got about 600sqft surface area.

It looks like the panels will be ~175 each (from ebay) + some plumbing pieces and this project should easily be taken care of for less than $600 (unless i need to build a rack of some type) yes? I'd really like to add a heater to my pool just to regulate the temps during the season, plus possibly provide an earlier open and later close.

Thanks in advance, And if this should be posted elsewhere, please let me know.

As a newbie to pool ownership and to this forum, I have to say that threads like this add so much value to the forum. The way everyone came together to offer advice and suggestions is amazing.

I'm going to start doing my fair share of reading and update my info on my pool equipment. We had the IG pool installed in the fall and just opened it yesterday with the hope of swimming on Saturday.

That said, I'm sure I will have a tone of questions.

Great job on this pool restoration and thanks for sharing the pics. Awesome job!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.