New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old

My new SWG CS-28699 runs fine no high salt reading so the ECO7110 the control station has to be the problem cause they also replaced the electrode and was still getting a high salt reading. Intex is replacing it so once I receive it I will test it.

See my improvements 2 days in SLAM

Before I started couldn't see the bottom very cloudy
1.jpg

Today I can see the bottom
2.jpg

That is good, it will keep everything in the water better so the filter can pick it up. Brushing also helps quite a bit. Pool looks a lot better.

That is a good deal on the SWG, can't pass that up! Next time you are looking at Intex stuff on summer clearance think about picking up an Intex sand filter, and if you find one with a 2 speed pump even better. Academy and Target also usually have their stuff marked down.

Awesome will surely be keeping an eye out didn't know target sold pool equipment lol.

Got a question for you Pooldv if I add the filter cartridge back to my skimmer with the filter that's already in my pump will that make any difference in filtering the water

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is a filter that can go in your skimmer? I'm not familiar with that. But, I would say yes, prefiltering before it goes to the main filter is probably good.

Either percentage is fine, whatever is easiest, cheapest and most convenient. The 10% and 12% are called liquid chlorine or liquid shock and are at the pool store or the pool section at Lowes/HD. Also, different regions/areas sell different percentages for some reason.

Yes, some Targets sell Intex stuff in the seasonal section with lawn furniture, etc. Similar mark downs to what you saw on your SWG on end of season sales.

I would not add DE to an Intex cartridge filter. There is no pressure gauge to watch to make sure you don't add too much.

I check bleach prices (both in laundry section and pool section if there) in every store I go to. Our Menard's has several sales/year on 12.5 and it's always fresh by me.

Yes, Earl, the stronger it is, the less you use. Just check date codes for freshness. Code of 15202 is the 202nd day of 2015. When buying 8.25 in the laundry section, I always dig into the back of the shelves to get the most recent bottles.

If there's not date code or %, don't buy it.

There is a filter that can go in your skimmer? I'm not familiar with that. But, I would say yes, prefiltering before it goes to the main filter is probably good.

Either percentage is fine, whatever is easiest, cheapest and most convenient. The 10% and 12% are called liquid chlorine or liquid shock and are at the pool store or the pool section at Lowes/HD. Also, different regions/areas sell different percentages for some reason.

Yes, some Targets sell Intex stuff in the seasonal section with lawn furniture, etc. Similar mark downs to what you saw on your SWG on end of season sales.

I would not add DE to an Intex cartridge filter. There is no pressure gauge to watch to make sure you don't add too much.

Yes I have the filter that goes in it but I took it out after installing the 2500 gph pump.

There or home depot should their pool stuff is in "outside" nursery part with plants and what not. I get my acid there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i like your new jet I may have to look into ordering a few and spreading out the return to several places around the pool instead of just one return line

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.