New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old

Do not buy bleach that has sat outside at Lowes or Home Depot- not only is there not a large turnover compared to other markets, the bleach can have degraded from the sun and heat.
Yea I'm aware of that Yippee thanks for the reminder. Lowe's keep their pool stuff under the shed

- - - Updated - - -

Is that where you got that RAD-DPD test kit? Hahaha
Lol Marian won't be surprise if they also carry it :D but I got it from Amazon

I was referring to the typo in your signature... Lol

And I quote:

Above Ground 17' x 52" vinyl
6300 Gallons, Taylor K-2005 With RAS-DPD TEST KIT
Metal Frame Summer Escape.
2500 GPH Krystal Clear 633T Filter Pump With Type B Filter
Intex SWG CG-28669 (ECO8110)

I assume that your FC test last night yielded 30.5 or more, yes?

If so, your remaining portion of the SLAM is filtration and brushing and stirring up the water to get all those particles out. Intex filters have very little capacity so it may take a bit but keep on running that filter and you'll get there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes correct. Today I'm planning on continuing brushing and vacuuming.

I ordered one of those Unicel replacement filters it should be here tomorrow hopefully it does a better job at filtering.
Thanks duraleigh

Quick question...
I started with a CYA of 80 just check it this morning it's 60 is that a true reading or is it because I'm in a SLAM? Should I let my FC drop to the shock level for CYA of 60.

I know for SWG my CYA has to be at least 70 after SLAM correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok changed out my filter to a PDC brand today lets see if that makes a difference in clearing out the cloudiness.

Can I get some feedback please...
I started with a CYA of 80 just check it this morning it's 60 is that a true reading or is it because I'm in a SLAM? Should I let my FC drop to the shock level for CYA of 60.

Yes correct. Today I'm planning on continuing brushing and vacuuming.

I ordered one of those Unicel replacement filters it should be here tomorrow hopefully it does a better job at filtering.
Thanks duraleigh

Quick question...

I know for SWG my CYA has to be at least 70 after SLAM correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure why your CYA would drop unless you had to add/replace water? But yes, ideal CYA level for SWG is 70-80. Of course all pools have their own characteristics. I have a SWG and my pool likes it best when my CYA is at 60. At this level (and running the SWG during the day), I have found my FC loss to sunlight is at its minimum. I was checking my FC regularly after my SLAM, and it stays around 4-5ppm. I like to run it a little on the high side just to be safe. Just use the CYA/Chlorine chart to determine your FC level after your SLAM.

I should add, that if your CYA is actually 60, then yes you could theoretically let your FC drop to SLAM level for that CYA which would be 24ppm. But keep in mind, that 24ppm would be the minimum. It needs to stay at or abouve that level until SLAM is completed.
Good luck!

Having the right filter really makes a huge difference. Got read of the Walmart filter replaced with a PDC filter this morning and I can already see the difference and I'm also seeing a better circulation of the water via the movements.

New readings as of 12PM
FC 25 ppm
CC 0

4.jpg.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.