New Pool - Orlando Florida

Thanks Kim, I'll ask them when I call in the a.m. Hopefully they'll send someone over tomorrow or Saturday.

Anyway I'm happier with the pebbles after the acid wash. They look much better but will require lots of brushing as see excess blue plaster around especially in the corners. The 3 men were only here 1.5 hrs. and spent half that time cleaning out and installing the drains and the 2 lights. I was actually in the pool wading around in 1. 5 ft. of water an hour ago. The tap water is 85 degrees.

Can't believe this day finally arrived. :cool: Will take pictures tomorrow including closeups of the pebbles.

Thanks Kim, I'll ask them when I call in the a.m. Hopefully they'll send someone over tomorrow or Saturday.

Anyway I'm happier with the pebbles after the acid wash. They look much better but will require lots of brushing as see excess blue plaster around especially in the corners. The 3 men were only here 1.5 hrs. and spent half that time cleaning out and installing the drains and the 2 lights. I was actually in the pool wading around in 1. 5 ft. of water an hour ago. The tap water is 85 degrees.

Can't believe this day finally arrived. :cool: Will take pictures tomorrow including closeups of the pebbles.
I recall that day too. Congratulations.

Thanks everybody for thinking of me. :cool:

It's taking a long time to fill. They didn't leave a hose so only one is filling. The other one will not reach over 50' from around the side of the house.

I have some pictures of half filled from this a.m. that I'll post.

PB will not be here till Monday morning. Said not to touch or add anything till he gets there.
From past experience this means Monday afternoon or Tuesday.

I have a 25 lb. bucket of trichlor. I know I shouldn't use them as the 50 pucks will raise my CYA 2.2 x 50 = 110 but I will be getting a SWG in a few months and can use some of them. I need CYA and they low PH.
So I will get a floating chlorinator tomorrow, splash around all weekend and get some chlorine the pool. I won't leave it in the pool overnight as it will end up in one spot and might harm the plaster.

PB won't know it was ever there as he won't measure the CYA and can tell him the chlorine is in the tap water.

Filling underway :cheers:

Fill1_zpsp3ze6yla.jpg

Fill2_zpsn4xcuw6b.jpg

Fill3_zpsd9esxu0r.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is cruel leaving you hanging with the filled pool over the weekend. Good workaround to get some use as it must be oh so tempting to jump in. Some delays and annoyances but everything seems to be coming together well. I can't wait to see final pictures.

Note to myself: test hose length from both outdoor water spigots for pool filling.

Note to myself: test hose length from both outdoor water spigots for pool filling.

Yep just got back from Home Depot with two new 50' 3/4" commercial hoses. My weekend project is to plumb in two new 3/4 hose bibs from our pressure tank. Those plus the new hose bib the PB Is putting on my equipment pad should let me run the well full out which will fill out pool in about 48 hours and cost about $11.50 in electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one hose is fillingfor about 22 hrs now. There is about 18" more to fill. PB warned me not to stop filling before it reaches the tile or there will be a ring around the plaster.

Hope it finishes filling by midnight or I'll have to set my alarm for 2 a.m. not to overflow.

Won't finish filling by midnight. It still has slightly more than a foot to go. It is up to the returns now and pool is 5' wider near the top with the steps and sun ledges. So @ 1.5" per hr. = 8 hrs. Should be filled by 7 a.m. 36 hrs. total fill time for 15,000 gal. with 5/8 " hose.

My gardener brought 30 large 3 cu. ft. bags of mulch today when he cut the lawn. These were the ones he forgot last week. I really only needed about 10 bags to complete my pool and lanai perimeter but accepted them anyway as I would need them later.
So I went to work and spread 20 bags. This completes part of the mulch refresh work around the house I had planned for the Fall.

Then I went in the pool. Very refreshing but it got dark and the pool lights are not working yet.
Won't have the floating chlorinator till tomorrow so I improvised. Put 4 pucks in a bucket to dissolve and kept pouring into the pool and splashing around. Not much dissolved yet but in the morning should be able to add some.

Last edited:
Exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about the first bomb (cannonball).

Oh yeh. You have to play nice until the plaster is hard. yeh yeh yeh OK. But I was adjusting the pH with aeration because the internet pajama people told me to.

It was full at 8 a.m. Let it fill some more to about 2" from top of tile because my sun/tanning ledges were only 5" deep. Now they're 6"
Never thought about or discussed them other than reading some threads about them being too deep.
Is 5" - 6" too shallow? I let the PB make them to the right depth for the bubblers.

OTO Tested this a.m. The TC is only .5 after splashing around with the pucks last evening. The PH is 8.2
I've got he pucks dissolving in the bucket all day and will add this evening. They sure dissolve slowly.
Got some muriatic acid in the garage and will check the Pool Math to at least get PH down to 8.
Remember I'm not supposed to be doing anything now, but it was a nasty thing the PB has done to leave me over the weekend like this, but that's his MO. Remember it was he who said all Warranties are BS when I asked him during the estimate/negotiations about the WetEdge Warranty and getting water test printouts from the pool store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.