New pool, Manor, Texas

The pool after the rain. Not sure where that inch of water went. I hope it didn't seep out under the coping. It was overflowing in several spots.
0e0ad59a6e1472997c083e8162c71794.jpg
81308e102ec071482448d51efb9acfbe.jpg
18a647cd584a5001206728666ab85983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a LOT of rain! I bet the extra water went over and out of the pool. Good job getting the cleaner working.

Make sure to check your levels. They are going to need some work after all of that. I would push my FC up to SLAM level for about 24 hours just to make sure. I do it because it makes me feel good.

Kim

We checked. We were hoping it would lower our ph but no such luck. Our chlorine was good. We add about the same amount each day. We had added a little extra when it started to rain. So, it seems okay. My husband is pretty stubborn about not adding too much. Once it turns green, he will understand. Ha. But so far so good.

Janny, what a great pool and yard you have! It took me a while to navigate the site and start looking at people's projects, but how neat! I makes me with I had been posting my process from the start so we could all have done it together it would have been so nice to compare our messes, hahaha. I love you pool!!! You are like me! I'm like a kid with a new Christmas gift. I see you and your husband are so happy with the addition, we're too, we try to go in almost every day, it's not as hot as I wish LOL I have thin Brazilian blood so 80 is cold for me. But my husband jumps in every night when he gets home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you tell me what finished in your pool is. It's so clear and nice. I like your water line tile also but I can't tell if it's blue or brown in your last picture. You have a beautiful pool.
Happpy

Happy,
Our color was called "Cody White." It has grey and white and brown pebbles. I really thought it was supposed to have more blue pebbles, but I didn't heed KitKats warning and failed to check to see whether we got the right color...
So, I'm thinking it's what we ordered. [emoji3]
We compared colors and we just decided we liked this best (and it was much more affordable) (Does that sound better than "cheaper?")
The waterline tile is interesting. It has quite a bit of blue in it, but it also has grey and brown. It's a bit rustic looking up close. I think it looks great. What I really like are the ones with the little glass inlays. They catch the sun and sparkle. I wish I had put those all across that second row of tile.
There are so many different styles and colors of tile; it's just super hard to make a choice!

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. My husband is now the official pool guy. He tests the water and does the calculations (with pool math) and adds the chlorine bleach. It gets easier as you go. Love the liquid bleach ! Keeps it simple and we've had zero issues.

I am so excited! I just saw my pool on google maps! It looks like they took it in July. I see the deck outline and the dirty water in the pool. I'm sharing. I really can't wait to see it with water. [emoji3]
Has anyone else who built this summer found theirs? And it was fun seeing all the new pools in our neighborhood. [emoji3]

The extra water probably drained out the skimmer clean out area. Pool decks slope away from the pool so the skimmer clean out would be a little lower than the pool, and water flows to the lowest point. You may also have an overflow line plumbed in. Look for a small grid somewhere in the water line tile.

Hi, Zea!
Thanks for the ideas. You are right about the skimmers being lower, and the deck sloping away from the pool. It's rained so much, it keeps filling up again and again. We did not get the overflow drain.
But it all seems fine. I read somewhere that the only issue would be if it somehow seeped under the coping. That was concerning me. But they say that generally only happens to older pools. It actually splashed over the sides quite a bit. But it seems fine.

Janny hoping over here from Suz's thread where you wondered if you could add a heater after the fact. Yes you can! You just have to figure what kind to use............there are many kinds-heat pump, natural gas, propane, solar, etc. I am not real up on what is better or cheapest to set up and use. I bet a search on each one and taking notes from the different threads will help you out.

I would be glad to help if you need another set of eyes. Just point me where you are looking and I will comment LOL aka help you spend your money!

Kim

Thanks, Kim! Good points. I was thinking I'd research it. I am sure it is expensive. We would want natural gas. We were talking about it last night again. It will have to wait a while as we are still trying to recover from our pool spending spree. By the time we completed all the repairs to our yard and sprinkler system (and fence) and purchased fun stuff and added the pergolas, we were pretty much way over budget! It was fun though. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
I'm thinking it will be next year. We need to stain the pergola and paint the trim on our house first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.