New pool in San Antonio area

Apr 15, 2018
BOERNE, TX
We are getting a new inground pool installed this summer. They started digging today so I'm pretty excited.

Should be about 14,500 gallons. Hopefully done sometime in July.
dbc860c4ecdce3ec6efad8b694b9c9f1.jpg

d68505fa588674ced7469dbcec21b8a3.jpg
80ee46c4f2bce6c9a4ffc352c5d04689.jpg

Well Boy Howdy! That yard was just begging for a pool!

Got any equipment lists or questions? Plans for chlorination?? How ya gonna test the water?

We've got the answers to any questions you may have (usually!)

Keep us updated with the progress and pics, please.

Maddie :flower:

I'll need to update my signature (I'll get on that).

It comes with an in-line chlorinator w/UV (no SWG), but since I am going to be home most of the time during the summer I plan on using manually added liquid chlorinator.

I'll order one of the preferred test kits here in a few weeks, as the pool gets a little closer being done.

Quick equipment list:
1. Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST (main pump)
2. Pentair WhisperFlo 1.5 HP (accessory pump)
3. Pentair Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter
4. Pentair MasterTemp 400k heater
5. Pentair GloBrite LED 12v lights
6. Polaris 3900 Sport w/booster (cleaner)
7. Pentair EasyTouch PS-8 controller w/Screen Logic bundle
8. Sundek classic decking (680 sq.ft)
9. Flagstone coping
10. 7.5' diameter circular spa

Well, alrighty then.

Did know you could lose the Polaris cleaner and its extra booster pump and just get a robot? Sort of the difference between the original bag phones and current day cells. Even if you decide to keep the Polaris, I'd suggest adding an outlet in to your landscaping close enough to the pool that you can just get a robot in the future.

Another thing you might want is some water spigots near the pool for watering flowers or rinsing off the deck, even adding water to the pool occasionally. Comes in handy and easy to add during the build.

Just some ideas .....

Maddie :flower:

Nice build...I would loose the Polaris due to extra pump requirement but hey Im a rookie here. We have had our pool just under a year and it came with a suction side cleaner. I just upgraded to a robot and love it. I will hang onto my suction cleaner as it did an acceptable job and will serve as a good backup.

With this texas heat and pool equipment not up near the house I would seriously consider a shaded cover over the equipment...just me

I really expected a lot more rock too.

I know the houses just up the street from mine that are on the hill, instead of at the bottom of the hill, have a substantial amount of rock a foot or two under the soil. We still have new houses being constructed in this neighborhood, and looking at what they had to do to get foundations and driveways done, I was really nervous about the dig in terms of how much rock there might be.

I must be in the "valley" where all the dirt settled... It is nice to get lucky for once.

Jason, You will get plenty of UV from the sun. Get him to take that off your list and save you money to spend somewhere else. Why no SWG? That would be my go to for sure! It makes life with a pool SO easy!

That is a awesome design for your pool and area! I can't wait to see it come together!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you started bonding with it??? aka watering it. Try for 3 times a day. This will help the curing process.

It is now time for YOUR set of links. There is a lot of info but once you start using it things will settle in.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time for you to ask your PB what test kit he will be providing.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.