New Pool in Chandler, AZ

scott713 said:
Beautiful pool, if you don't mind me asking what would the pool minus travertine decking and grill setup run in AZ.

Thanks - we are very happy with it!

It's hard to say what the cost of the pool is because some of the cost includes things like pre-grading, removing grass, concrete etc. But I tried to figure out the cost of just the pool and the included deck (no upgrade, no extra decking) and my equipment as is.

The pool with the raised spa, stacked stone on spa and "s" wall, two 24" sheers, upgraded pebble plus finish, upgraded waterline tile, and all equipment as listed would be about $46,500.

With everything as seen in our pics it was about $65,000 total, which included removing 6 large trees, buying the BBQ grill and door/drawer combo, etc. The decking alone (both pavers and patio tile) was about $12k, so it adds up quick!

Beautiful pool! I have gotten several quotes...California Pools being my front runner at this time. My question for you is how is the Wave Force at keeping the pool clean? That is our bug debate doing wave force or in floor system and there is jut not a lot of info on Wave Force....Thanks!

I just got a California Pool and have the wave force in wall, and it does not work at all, very disapointed in it. All it does is circulate the water it does not push the dirt to the drains.

I've had my pool now for a little more than a month. So I haven't had much time to evaluate the wave force system, but we did just have our first dust storm a few nights ago.

I knew going in that it probably wasn't going to keep the floor dirt free, but I was concerned about having an in floor cleaning system long term and what problems might arise in future years. Also, I had a pool years ago with an in floor and still had to brush the pool because it didn't clean everywhere.

The dust storm a few nights ago left a good layer of dirt in certain parts of the pool. I tried sweeping it with the broom and pretty much just stirred it up, only to have it settle again a few hours later. I was thinking about an in floor and wondered if it would do any better. I suspect the in floor would pretty much do exactly what I did with my broom - stir up the dirt and have it settle back on the bottom when the system shut off. The in floor won't vacuum anything, it just pushes the dirt around, stirs it up, and hopes the dirt settles over the drain. It's not really cleaning anything, more like moving the dirt and letting something else remove it. And it's only churning the bottom layer of pool water.

The wave force does a great job of circulating the water but it won't keep your pool floor dirt free. If you go with it, you will need some other way of keeping the floor and steps clean. I will be getting a vacuum attachment for my brush pole tomorrow to manually vacuum the pool when it needs it. I have several steps, a shelf, and a raised spa that an automatic vacuum wouldn't get to, so I would have to manually vacuum those anyway.

So if you want something that is going to automatically move the dirt around for you, the in floor is probably your best bet. While the in floor is running, your pool floor will look clean, but I suspect once it is off you'll see all the dirt settle unless you leave your system on all day (which would be expensive for electricity this time of year).

I would be interested to hear from someone with an floor and their experience with the dust storms we have. They may do a better job with the newer designs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There really isn't a grout color on the deck. Since it is pavers, they use a polymeric sand. It's basically sand with some polymers added that harden when wet.

Around the coping, they used a greyish color of grout, but I don't know what color it was. That's the only color they use, there wasn't a choice.

just an update, we are using California to do our pool, and the wave force system has been updated since last summer when this thread was cooking. They've added jets to blow the bottom of the pool. It's not a pop up in-floor, but attempts to address the "it just circulates" issues. I'll start a thread for our pool later this week. Just a hole in the ground right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.