New Pool IG - Inland Empire, CA - Pool finished, end pix soon!

Re: New Pool IG - Inland Empire, CA - Tons of photos!

Rebar happened yesterday, now the quiet weekend and plumber will show up on Tuesday per our PB. Here's some pix-

P7150268-1.jpg

Personally I LOVED watching the diggers, but the rebar dudes were quite interesting. I had never seen rebar worked with before like this so it was fun to see them bend the stuff and get it in place with the wire.

P7150277-1.jpg

Spa taking shape, boy that'll look nice with that stacked stone with the water trickling down it.

P7160292-1.jpg

They stayed late till about 6:30 or so to get it done. I didn't think it would take one day, but they got it done. I was surprised that a single person can lift the cage up with one hand (to put the cement standoffs underneath).

P7160293-1.jpg

Here are my makeshift little stairs I'm maintaining so we can get up to where the raised patio will be. That's not exactly where the final stairs will be, but it gives you a good concept.

P7150283-1.jpg

As always, last but not least, Benya was snooping around the rebar to make sure the light is still in the proper place. Also visible is one of the drains I cleaned out and marked with a plastic bag cap and marked rock.

On to plumbing next week (on Tuesday assuming our PB doesn't continue to flake on us...)

Cheers!

You are getting closer! If there is any rebar that Benya could get hurt on you can get some cheap tennis balls and put them on the ends to keep him safe. We do not want any boo-boo kitties.

Kim:cat:

You are getting closer! If there is any rebar that Benya could get hurt on you can get some cheap tennis balls and put them on the ends to keep him safe. We do not want any boo-boo kitties.

He needs to use these, not tennis balls, if it is impalement protection that is desired.
ERB Safety Rebar OSHA Cap - DSC10 | FullSource.com

Oh I like those! Can they be found in local stores? Where would you look for them?

I am going to bookmark these to share with builds that have kids and pets to keep safe. THANKS!

THANKS! I am going to look for them the next time I am in Lowes or such just to see them and how they are packaged so I can point people in the right direction. Learning something new every day!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool IG - Inland Empire, CA - Trenches!!

I am amazed at how much trenching the plumbers do! I expected a picked trench from the skimmer to the equipment and then a picked trench from the equipment to the hookups, but nope, they've trenched all over the place! The yard certainly does look like a war zone at the moment, but, all is going well. We had some questions and problems that needed to be worked through, but we took care of them with the contractors... no contact from the PB about our questions since last Wednesday.

Also, the HOA hit us up with a hearing about the common grass being destroyed (which we were going to replace anyways, but now they've made it an issue). Gotta love HOA's... lets people with anger issues apply themselves upon their neighbors.

Anyways-

P7180315-1.jpg

There's no dirt left in the yard hehe. Trenches are so wide... and oddly enough, even though I marked them, and we even showed them to the plumbers, the drains (two of them) ended up with a ton of dirt and rocks in them again. We'll mention it to the plumbers as they seem to be pretty nice guys. Benya was racing around in the trenches for a while.

P7180316-1.jpg

Look! Equipment platforms! Though the plumber initially said he'd need 4.5' from the wall cut, we convinced him to work it down to rather close to the wall. It will be tight with the pipes, but he says he can make it work. Mostly it will be an issue of getting around the cement and the downspout drain from the roof...

P7180320-1.jpg

All the shrubs are taking a break out of the ground (keeping them moist in their root balls with bags of dirt around them). The trench will extend all the way past the gate to the water/gas/electrical hookups etc.

As always, cheers!

When I saw the trenches I thought of Benya and him having fun following the maze!

Sounds like you have things rolling your way. Nice to have people working with you that care even if it was not a problem caused by them. Sad the PB has not shown up or answered concerns :(

Is there any way you can cover the drains to keep them clear? That has to be getting old and I worry something will go in that will not be easy to get out.

They're trenching away... I think they're having a heck of a time with the thin planter and the side of the house foundation. They've been jackhammering toward the house hookups for water/gas/electrical but they're still having a heck of a time.

P7190327-1.jpg

Figures that there would be a boulder RIGHT where the pipes need to come down. They're having a heck of a time with this one as it's wedged against the foundation and isn't budging much.

P7190330-1.jpg

I went down to the local nursery and bought ~$50 worth of sod to lay down myself in the common area. Sent this pic to the HOA to appease them. Maybe next time they can come nicely chat with us and voice their concern instead of sneakily taking pictures of the dirt and then filing a formal citation notice. We're letting them know that we're even watering the sod until it fully takes etc... how nice of us. Also we'll cheekily mention the drastic color difference between the new grass and the grass the HOA is 'maintaining'.

There is pipe laying around here and there outside, but they're still trenching so I think they'll go into tomorrow to lay down the pipe etc. (which I assume doesn't take long at all).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.