Bronze Supporter
Jun 30, 2021
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok i have my pool up and filling it from my well. Should I be adding bleach to get a head start as i am filling it? Its currently about half full and should be complete by this saturday. I will be installing the pump and filter tonight and the water height should reach my skimmer by this evening or mid day tomorrow.
We are excited!

Yes, get chlorine in the water asap. I would not wait for the fill to complete when using well water. But if not, you'll probably be ok until the fill completes.

OK cool deal, I am at about 30 inches of water, I put 4 gallons of 6% bleach in before I left for work. I'll do a test on the water this evening to see how it's looking. Im sure 4 gallons is only a drop in the bucket for first fill but thank you for the reply!Screenshot_20210728-092606_Blink.jpg

Well, so looks like the discounted bleach I bought at lowes was over a year old so chlorine level didnt even show up on my 5 waytest kit, I am I ordering the t100 so hopevto have it in a few days. Now back to the water. Guess I'll be stopping and getting some fresh chlorine tomorrow on my way home😁.
Got the filter and pump installed and plumbed and my pool is now filled!
I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well old or not, it should have added enough chlorine to hold you over. My pool sat for a week on slow fill waiting on a water truck. Every other day I threw a bag of shock in it. The kind with cya in it cause I knew I needed it anyways. When I finally got 20,000 more gallons I had 3ppm still. Lol. I couldn’t fill my pool on my well. It’d take weeks if I didn’t burn the pump up first. 😁congratulations on your new pool!

Well, so looks like the discounted bleach I bought at lowes was over a year old so chlorine level didnt even show up on my 5 waytest kit, I am I ordering the t100 so hopevto have it in a few days. Now back to the water. Guess I'll be stopping and getting some fresh chlorine tomorrow on my way home😁.
Got the filter and pump installed and plumbed and my pool is now filled!
I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Have you ordered the TF100 test kit yet? Those strips are known as "guess" strips due to their inaccuracy. A proper test kit is critical for the health of your pool.

I ordered the TF100 yesterday. The 5 way kit I have is a vial kit but the chlorine didn't even register.
Got my pump and filter up and running now so if any of its lingering around it'll get distributed today.
Hopefully the TF100 will ship quick.
My temp in the pool from well water is 70 degree so hopefully our 95 degree days will warm it up for the weekend😁

My TF100 will be here Monday, time to do some studying. I saw a thread on using the kit so I'll start there 😁.
Thanks Oly I hope I can keep the temp down in the low 80s, these 95 days are rough and i get 7-8 hours of sun on my pool a day🌞🌡☀️
20210729_180719.jpg

Hey Bondo and belated Welcome !!! I’ve enjoyed your happy pic on the main page a lot these last few days (it never hurts to cheer the place up a bit), and you had great help so you didn’t need me.

I wrote the below for newbs like you, who will probably be overwhelmed when seeing the instructions of the kit that can do SO much for the first time. With any luck you’ll be laughing too hard at my over the top description to be overwhelmed. It’s really that easy, Click below.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.