New Pool construction Long Island, NY

Hi Tatertot!

Actually been a slow week on the pool build front :(

Electrician is actually on his way over to get an overview and they will be here first thing in the AM to get started. Deepend excavation as well as plumbing is completed and equipment pad has been installed. Pool sand delivered yesterday and they will start forming as soon as the liner is completed!

[attachment=2:1oyrpr0e]IMG_0001 (6) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1oyrpr0e]

[attachment=1:1oyrpr0e]IMG_0002 (6) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1oyrpr0e]

[attachment=0:1oyrpr0e]IMG_0003 (6) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1oyrpr0e]

As my PB said...." Were rounding third and headed for home!"

The Ecostar:
They actually have to reroute the plumbing as the pipe covers the control panel for the Ecostar :evil:

[attachment=2:1yjjw20s]IMG_0008 (4) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1yjjw20s]

Equipment Pad:

[attachment=1:1yjjw20s]IMG_0006 (4) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1yjjw20s]

Aqau Plus SWG

[attachment=0:1yjjw20s]IMG_0007 (4) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1yjjw20s]

The cost of doing concrete here vs steel has become almost identical so I went with concrete. From the research I did, the jury is still out on steel wall and SWG's. I know my PB did use all brass fitting for the stair rails and ladders to avoid rusting but I don't think there is truly enough data either way to substantiate.

In the end I chose concrete because of my perceived durability of the wall structure. It just seemed that the support tresses for the steel wall systems here were not as solid as concrete. I kept imagining my kids kicking off the walls of the pool in a spot where the brace wasn't and the wall denting! :grrrr:

The only thing I saw that looked stronger than concrete was the fiber carbon mesh walls that came with a very special sonotube construction but this setup was almost 5k more.

Wow!! It looks like its coming along great!!! You will have to let me know about your polaris 9300, as i have REALLY been considering getting one of them! Its all about the waiting game when it comes down to it... lol our landscaper, we had to offer a bonus if he finished by Friday- and might I say he had 4 extra guys working in the yard yesterday- installing the fence and packing the pavers, planting landscaping!!! I remember being so anxious to start, and the 5-6 days inbetween the dig and water being in the pool drug as if it had been weeks!

Are you doing a concrete patio or paver patio? and I will say I bet you will LOVE your heat pump! We had an Aqua pro installed with ours ( we started construction on the 22nd of June so your following right behind us!!!

Thanks Tatertot! Its been a long few months and you are absolutely right about waiting for water.....it feels like weeks instead of days.

Have you received your first electrical bill since installing the Heat Pro and getting your water up to temp? Really interested with seeing what your increase was like and if these are really as efficient as they say.

I will certainly let you know about the 9300.....I took it out of the box and setup the caddy the day it came and actually contemplated throwing it into the bathtub just to see it. :-D Im worse than my kids!

We are looking at pavers right now but will probably wait till the spring to allow the ground to settle a bit since we had so much excavation done. I actually opened a thread on Backyard Oasis asking for some advice on how long to wait before pavers and got some great responses.

Will keep posting as we go!

oh! I am suprised they didn't back fill with gravel as the settling time is basically removed. Although I don't know if its not okay to do with Concrete walls! I love the pavers and I really do recommend it, I do recommend at least the 3ft concrete apron around the pool for the safty cover!!!! check out my build thread- (we did the steel wall) but all in all. 16-x-32-inground-vinyl-dig-pics-new-concrete-pavers-t31990.html

Electrical all complete including the new Aqua Plus panel tied into the SWG, Ecostar, Heat Pump and Light. Unfortunately Loop Loc still hasnt completed the liner but we are hoping for tomorrow or Tuesday. Was a shame the pool wasnt ready for the weekend as we had record heat in NY on Friday and yesterday was no picnic either!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our Poolcrete party was rained out today but they were able to finish the shallow end. Weather looks good in NY tomorrow so they should be able to get the deep end completed and hoping to get the liner installed and start filling! :party:

[attachment=2:2s7idfb5]IMG_0002 (7) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:2s7idfb5]

[attachment=1:2s7idfb5]IMG_0003 (7) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:2s7idfb5]

[attachment=0:2s7idfb5]IMG_0005 (5) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:2s7idfb5]

Tough day today but such is the reality sometimes with endeavors like this. We had the liner going up! 2 entire walls were hung and then they came to the in-wall bench.....it was cut to the wrong size. We had originally had a 5 ft bench and had our PB increase to a 6ft bench during the wall build....unfortunately no one told Loop-Loc. So they pulled out the liner and back it went to be re-cut. Hoping that it will be done within 2 days. :cry:

All the forming was completed this morning and wall foam insulation went over everything as well. Hopefully the saga end soons!

[attachment=2:3vxk9tz1]IMG_0012 (3) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3vxk9tz1]

[attachment=1:3vxk9tz1]IMG_0013 (3) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3vxk9tz1]

[attachment=0:3vxk9tz1]IMG_0014 (3) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3vxk9tz1]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.