New Pool Build - Porter Ranch, CA

Question for y'all, please. Can anyone tell me the model number or a spec for the bubbler on your Baja shelf? I'm looking for one that is flush (or very close) to the finished pebble that doesn't have any kind of a pop-up. Invariably the kids will be swimming while it's on and I don't want it to get broken. When I was originally thinking of going with the Pentair LED bubbler, I didn't think it had a pop-up but maybe it does. The Baja will be 9-10" deep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^Thanks, Frank! I'm curious on this one that you said above

What do you mean by that?

Update on plumbing today: It was a great day. We laid out the equipment pad and discussed the fire/water features, electrical outlets, etc. I'm amazed at how much they did in one day. They'll be done tomorrow. Inspection to follow Wed/Thurs and then we shoot gunite!

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Another idea stolen from Titan7, when running your deck drains, run a drain line to your pool equipment area.

The poly gas pipe in PVC sleeves is just what you said, in case of a leak it captures the gas and vents it away from under the slab. It should have a tracer wire run with it as well, so it can be located if needed, later.

Question for y'all, please. Can anyone tell me the model number or a spec for the bubbler on your Baja shelf? I'm looking for one that is flush (or very close) to the finished pebble that doesn't have any kind of a pop-up. Invariably the kids will be swimming while it's on and I don't want it to get broken. When I was originally thinking of going with the Pentair LED bubbler, I didn't think it had a pop-up but maybe it does. The Baja will be 9-10" deep.

I was going to try these:

Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!

Thanks, Frank. I found those online today and emailed them because they don't have a spec sheet on their website. The rep emailed me back pretty quickly with a page from their catalog but it only partially helped.

As of right now, pre-gunite, I have 3 2" pipes stubbed in the mini Baja. That seems like overkill but I'm trying to get my PB to find out what part the plumber has in mind. I'll let you know what I find. This shouldn't be this difficult!

CMP sent me this from their catalog b/c they don't have a spec sheet. I'm not really sure what to make of their handwritten notes.

i-G5KTpqV-L.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
2" plumbing should be a minimum no matter what.

An 1-1/2" air line is minimum no matter what.

Most everyone is using 3hp variable speed pumps these days (might as well add - no matter what - behind that for consistency).

Any water feature(s) should be on their own pump no matter what (see above).

What about a typical spa type jet for the bubbler?

If you've seen my pics, I have 3 2" water lines, so I should be covered there, but 1 1/2" air line? What does that mean, where does that go? I will be doing a separate, dedicated variable speed pump.

Thanks for your help!

I see no issue then. Yon can always dial in the the VSP for the desired effect.

The airline goes to a venturi tee that supplies the the blubbers with the air necessary for the aeration required for the the desired aesthetics. That sounds far more complicated than aerating the the return stream into the pool for the bubbler jets.

A 2" airline would make me happy but I've been known to overcompensate...

Got some good info from CMP today. Their perforated bubbler is designed for an air blower. I'm already plumbed with 2" pipes. He said all I need is an eyeball (they call it an Aussie Insider). He said that is essentially what's in their LED bubbler so it will work. The eyeball is nearly flush with the Pebble surface so I'm thinking we have a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see what that Aussie Insider looks like. I have 4 - 2" deck bubblers and my concern is that the eyeball fittings don't sit flush with the deck...

thanks for the research.

Theirs appear to protrude a tiny bit but there may be others that don't. Apparently there's no real magic to it so it seems like we should be able to find a flush(er) eyeball. Mine aren't on the main shelf where you walk in to the pool so I think these will work for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.