New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

I thought standard benches were 18". Now I'm going to have to ask and I'm wondering if going 16" would give us more width in our swim area. I think bench depth is typically 18" too...?

Looks good. I like the position in the yard. What size spa is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought standard benches were 18". Now I'm going to have to ask and I'm wondering if going 16" would give us more width in our swim area. I think bench depth is typically 18" too...?

Looks good. I like the position in the yard. What size spa is that?

PB will there in the morning to answer my questions. Not sure on width standard, but I think 14" is too narrow. I may have measured it wrong.

The spa will be 8' round.

I remember thinking the outline looked small, but it is about to get a WHOLE lot bigger at dig! It looks great!

Thank you. That is good to know. It looks big from above, but small when standing on the outline. :)

Great start for the week, our layout was done today, but I have to say ours looks bigger than what I thought

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like both of our builds will be starting around the same time

Cool! Our PB said Th for gunite. Hope the weather holds. Can't remember if they can gunite if it is raining a little.

Our spa will be 8' round too. Have to accommodate the underwater treadmill! [emoji5]

Underwater treadmill sounds like great. Are they expensive?

Underwater Treadmill @ Sharper Image

This is the one we've been looking at. Found a few cheaper (and smaller) on Amazon but still researching.

I think it's supposed to rain Friday (Boo - we have prom and an outdoor photo location so we're now trying to come up with a backup plan). If the weather holds and you get gunite on Thursday you just might be watering it for free!!

I found the girl who does the mosaics on FB and messaged her there. Hopefully she'll reply! It doesn't look like her mosaic page has been active since 2011. ☹️

Oh that treadmill looks nice.

Hope the weather holds for the prom. Yes hoping it rains after gunite!

Maybe she doesn't make the mosaics anymore. :(

And this morning we are digging. Looks like we have a lot of clay. The bobcat digger is now trying to scrape some off the bottom of the bobcat. Put a cooler of gatorade and water and a can of bug spray out there for them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea!! You're getting a hole in the ground! We're expecting clay too. If digging out garden beds was any indication there will be out a lot of it.

That will just be sad if she's not making them anymore. They were kind of perfect.

And we now we have a big hole! The fur babies are checking it out and the kids said whoa when they saw it. JR plaster did the dig, they will also be doing the gunite and plaster. Lots of waiting time for full truck to dump the dug load and come back for more.

So not sure of 16" or 18" is the standard bench width, but we went with 16".

Rebar and plumbing are scheduled for tomorrow.

PB extended the length of our equipment pad in case we wanted to put a plastic storage bin there for pool stuff.

it is really happening! Sweet! Now go measure everything! Add in about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? NOW is the time to change/fix anything.

For your AC unit and equipment pad area I would take out ALL of the grass AND spray round up on the whole area. I would then put down roofing felt for a weed barrier. I would put stepping stones and pretty rock down in the area. You do NOT want to use a weed eater by your pipes and such.

Kim

Looks good so far. It's nice that they could access the yard from the side (or back?) a lot less destruction that way. :cool:

Thankyou. Access is from the side. We are a corner lot and yes it makes less of a mess. :)

it is really happening! Sweet! Now go measure everything! Add in about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? NOW is the time to change/fix anything.

For your AC unit and equipment pad area I would take out ALL of the grass AND spray round up on the whole area. I would then put down roofing felt for a weed barrier. I would put stepping stones and pretty rock down in the area. You do NOT want to use a weed eater by your pipes and such.

Kim

Yes! It is really happening! Meeting with PB in the morning before rebar to make sure all looks good. Thank you for the advice on the ac and equip pad area. I think we will definitely do it that way.

I was so excited when utilities were marked and then stressed when PB did the outline and before they dug. I wanted to make sure all was right before the dig. I am much better now. :)

Looking good!!! We're a corner lot too. Nice to see how clean yours looks. Gives me hope.

How did the 16" feel? Wide enough? If ours is 18" I'm going to ask for a reduction to 16" I think.

Super nice of them to lengthen the equipment pad! Love Kim's ideas for making that area more maintenance free!

Our kitchen chairs are about 17", so I think 16" will work nicely.

Big storm passing through and then it is supposed to be nice all day. Glad it came a few hours earlier than anticipated yesterday, so hope they can still do rebar and plumbing. Hopefully the clay is holding together well.

Rebar workers are here. :)

PB said not sure how much height we will get with our bubblers on the 8" deep sunshelf. He didn't think much at all, he always does a 6" deep shelf and says we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we will get at least a foot of height. I guess not all bubblers are made the same?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.