New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

Can't quite tell from the renderings. Is there a BBQ/Kitchen area already there or to be done still? Just wondering that if not, even if not going in immediately, it might be nice to reserve the space and choose a design that would compliment it.

Also, might be helpful to ask all the the PB's to give you two renders from the same view angle. Perhaps from two places you will be seeing it from the most. The overhead views are good to get the overall look and design, but harder to tell what it's really going to look like with the differences.

As far as questions to ask, you can try my list if you want to really dig into your builders....

http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...Pool-Build-Diary-From-Design-to-Dive-In/page2

plat.

Excellent! Thank you. No BBQ/Kitchen. We have a small concrete patio that we are covering and adding maybe 2' to it. Will post a site plan and some before photos. On hold now waiting on PB4 design.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the re-design of PB2! The integrated bench at the firepit is great!

Yes, much better, but PB2 is very slow to respond and won't send a itemized quote until we finalize their design. I like the built in bench and fire pit idea, but due to budget we are going to go portable with it. Also the area behind the garage is for the dogs and I can just see them sailing over (hopefully not running into) built ins if they are in their path.

What do you think? Any recommended changes or additions?

CUSTOM POOL PACKAGE INCLUDES: (31’ x 20’)

UP TO 80’ PERIMETER POOL 6’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 ¼” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING & BASIC 6” WATER LINE TILE ($6 per sq ft allowance)

450 SQ/FT. SPRAY DECK DECKING, 3/8” REBAR 16” O.C.

9-11 RETURN LINES (VARIATION IN HEIGHT) & BUBBLERS

2 SKIMMERS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES

2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45 ANGLES

STEEL DETAIL: 3/8” REBAR 8” O.C., 4” O.C. ON ALL DEPTH TRANSITIONS GREATER THAN 5’ IN DEPTH, 4 - #4, ½” REBAR ON BOND BEAM

GUNITE SHELL: 6.1 (SACKS/SAND) RATIO; 4000 PSI

POOL EQUIPMENT PAD, SHOT with GUNITE & STEEL REINFORCEMENT

ALL ELECTRICAL RUNS INCLUDED (up to 100’, $10 per additional foot)

ELECTRICAL SUB PANEL (if needed is $400 additional)

OUTDOOR LIGHT AT EQUIPMENT PAD (homeowner to provide light bulbs)

HAYWARD 2 HORSEPOWER TRISTAR DUAL SPEED EE PUMP

HAYWARD CARTRIDGE FILTER 525

HAYWARD 120V LED POOL LIGHT

AQUA LOGIC CONTROL SYSTEM WITH WIRELESS AQUA POD REMOTE Prologic PS-8
HAYWARD TIGERSHARK QC POOL CLEANER w/ GFCI OUTLET (if needed)

SEWER LINE (per city requirements)

AUTOFILL / OVERFLOW SYSTEM

T-15 Turbo Salt Cell or PENTAIR IN LINE CHLORINATOR & OZANATOR

PLASTER FINISHES; QUARTZSCAPES: IVORY, BLUE, SUPER BLUE or MARINER BLUE / STONESCAPES MINI PEBBLE: SALT & PEPPER or WHITE (FREE UPGRADE)

START UP KIT INCLUDING: NET, BRUSH, POLE, TEST KIT, HOSE AND VACUUM ATTACHMENT

ONE MONTH FREE POOL MAINTENANCE (FREE UPGRADE)

CUSTOM SPA PACKAGE INCLUDES:

8’ ROUND SPA w/ 18” BEAM, RAISED 12”, 3’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 ¼” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING, SPLITFACE STONE SPA SURROUND AND 6” BASIC WATER LINE TILE ($6 per sq ft allowance)

6’ FLAT SPILL WAY

8 HAYWARD MASSAGE JETS w/ PULSE-FLO & ADJUSTA-FLO HEADS

2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2 1/2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES

HAYWARD H-SERIES 400,000 LOW NOX HEATER (60’ gas run included $10 per ft additional)

SILENCER 2 HP AIR BLOWER

HAYWARD 120 V LED SPA LIGHT

PLASTER FINISH; QUARTZSCAPE IVORY, BLUE, SUPER BLUE or MARINER BLUE / STONESCAPE SALT & PEPPER or WHITE (FREE UPGRADE)

A. SIGNATURE SPA: BULLNOSE BEAM ON INSIDE OF SPA WITH GLASS TILE

(up to $20 per sq ft allowance),

____ ____

ADDITIONAL PERIMETER…………………………………..………………$235.00 PER FT.

MOSS ROCK WATERFALL…………………….………………….…………...$1250.00 PER TON

ADDITIONAL TRISTAR EE PUMPS……..……………….………..1 HP $750.00

(Includes all Plumbing & Electric Runs)

ADDITIONAL HAYWARD LED LIGHTS……………………… POOL $800.00

AREA DRAIN…………………………………….………...........................$9.00 PER LN. FT.

DECKING OPTIONS (All Decking includes ½” Rebar)

OVERSPRAY EXISTING CONCRETE.………………..………...$3.75 PER/SQ.FT.

4” THICK CONCRETE W/ SPRAY DECK……………………...$8.00 PER/SQ. FT.

TOE/TRIM TILE……………………………………………………………$350.00

(Includes Tile from the Basic Waterline Tile Selection and Installation)

Two things I want you to check on and research please:

-salt system..............please do research on this to make sure it is big enough for your pool (This is a weak area for me so I do not know)

-test kit-ask him which one he is providing and let us know. It might not be the one we recommend and you might be able to have him up grade it.

Kim

Two things I want you to check on and research please:

-salt system..............please do research on this to make sure it is big enough for your pool (This is a weak area for me so I do not know)

-test kit-ask him which one he is providing and let us know. It might not be the one we recommend and you might be able to have him up grade it.

Kim

Will do, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the survey of our propery. The blue crossed off area is area we will be adding a covered patio. No room or budget for a built in BBQ/Kitchen.

Here is the area to be covered. They will be able to remove all three breezeway posts and just have one near the corner of the house about 3' out.

Here is the backyard. The front of the planter box is the beginning of our 8' back easement. The bottom end of the play structure triangle brace near the fence is about where our side easement starts.

- - - Updated - - -

We still need to decide on shape, we may adjust the curves and sun shelf size and bench placement. Accent rocks will be removed. Finish and colors are just for design and not what we have chosen. Deck will be changed to get it out of the easements. The easements will allow the dogs to run around the pool as well as behind the garage. The edge of the house is where our side easement begins. We will add some landscape near the waterfall and along the fence to screen it from the street better.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice set up! Good for the dogs to have a place to run! I like that the shape is going to be worked to best fit the house/yard/area. You never really know until you go to set it up what will look the best.

Kim

Our dogs love to run circles around the yard, so we are glad they could still do that. They said we can always change the layout once they draw it on the ground. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice design! So when did we get mountains??:D

Thank you. I know! I wish they were real.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the design! The mountain sunset scenes were my favorite part of the render--they made me laugh!

Thank you. Totally. Maybe I should also ask for snow capped ones and a sunset beach for future renderings. ;)

Spouse would like deep end to be 7' or 8' for diving and room in the pool to swim laps. I would like a larger sun shelf ( it will have 3 bubblers) and more shallow area for the kids to play. Totally open to ideas on adjusting the shape. Any recommendations for best places for benches? We will put one under the waterfall jumping rock. Kids think they may want one all along one side to be able to walk from the shallow to deep end (not sure about this).

Love the design! And those mountains!

When thinking about the kids, remember they won't stay little and (if you don't plan to move) it will eventually be just you and hubby. Grandkids will probably come but they also will not stay little.

The bench like the kids want will be well used several other pool owners have found out. They become hang outs and places to launch attacks on swimmers! LOL

Kim

Good point and sounds fun. I kind of like the idea too, but want to make sure kids clear it if they jump in from the side of the pool.

Love the design! And those mountains!

When thinking about the kids, remember they won't stay little and (if you don't plan to move) it will eventually be just you and hubby. Grandkids will probably come but they also will not stay little.

True, but I kinda like hanging out in the shallow end myself. :)

The one thing I wish I'd added was another bench. We have one 10 foot bench and a baja shelf, but I wish we'd put one more on the far side of the pool.

We will probably keep the one on the left side in the small curve, put one under the rock waterfall, and maybe do the bench all along one side on the spa side? People can hang in the colder pool and sit and chat with the ones in the spa.

Equipment location?

How loud is pool equipment? Here is what may be in the proposal:

- Hayward TriStar 2-Speed Pump, 2.0 HP Full Rate Item # SP32202EE
- Hayward 525 Sq.Ft Swim Clear Cartridge Item # C5030
- Hayward ProLogic 8 Relays, 4 Valves, 2 Heater, Solar Item # PL-PS-8
- Hayward wireless AquaPod 2.0 Item # AQL2-POD2 (not sure if this is the right one listed)
- Not sure yet which SWG sanitizer with the T-15 cell: AquaRite, AquaRite900, or AquaRitePro?
- Hayward Universal H-Series Natural Gas 400,000 BTU Low NOx Item # H400FDN
- Hayward TigerShark QC Robotic Cleaner with Quick Clean Option Item #RC9990CUB

We would like it out of sight along the side of the house, but that is where our master bedroom is and the windows. Will it be too loud when we need to run it during the night? Our A/C is also along this side, but toward the front of the house where it backs on the wall of our bedroom closet and we can't really hear it much from our bedroom. I was thinking right closer to that pad and further away from our bedroom, but that is where our bathroom window is and also where the irrigation sprinkler valves are located. Not sure how much it would be to relocate them.

Other choice is behind the garage. Negatives are that the gas line run will be long and cost more, it will take away from the dog area, and we may need to fence it in somehow so the dogs don't mess with it. We have a young one that still likes to chew.

We have the same pump but it's not close to the house. The pump will be loud on high and almost silent on low. The loud isn't a bad loud, and I like white noise like that while sleeping though ours is plenty far away. Maybe if it was closer I wouldn't run a regular fan in my room! Also, you should almost never have to run the pump at night outside of startup or a SLAM.

Looks good! Are you getting other designs you're looking at or is this what you've narrowed it down to?

I like a lot of benches. We have one on each side going down the length on both sides of our designs leaving a swim lane in the middle.

How would it look if you moved the sunshelf closer to the spa? It would open up more swim space maybe?

Nice design! So when did we get mountains??:D

[emoji23][emoji23]That's what I was thinking.

We have the same pump but it's not close to the house. The pump will be loud on high and almost silent on low. The loud isn't a bad loud, and I like white noise like that while sleeping though ours is plenty far away. Maybe if it was closer I wouldn't run a regular fan in my room! Also, you should almost never have to run the pump at night outside of startup or a SLAM.

Thank you, that is good to know. :)

Looks good! Are you getting other designs you're looking at or is this what you've narrowed it down to?

I like a lot of benches. We have one on each side going down the length on both sides of our designs leaving a swim lane in the middle.

How would it look if you moved the sunshelf closer to the spa? It would open up more swim space maybe?

We are tweaking this design. Yes, definitely going to think about moving the spa closer to the sunshelf to open some deck space for volleyball net placement when kids grown up. Maybe bumping out the shallow a little to create that swim lane. Yes maybe along the spa sidee a bench that goes from shallow to deep.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.