New Pool Build Kingwood TX

I've been checking back looking for updates to your pool. I'm guessing they should be starting your deck by now. I hope your build isn't stalled again. You've started this process very early; I know you must be ready for it to be complete. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been traveling for work alot lately and frankly not much progress. The plumbing and electrical is all done and passed inspections. Then a week of little work. My wife called PB to see what was happening and then we started to see progress again. The travertine is on the porch and the base sand is ready around the pool. This morning the PB said the travertine around the pool would take all week. Then early next week Pebble Tech with a possibility of first fill late next week.

Before the tilers showed up I installed a 3/4 inch PVC pipe under the steps at porch for possible future landscape lighting. And then in the third picture the white PVC pipe is for adding to my irrigation sprinkler for large flower pots my wife wants around the pool. I figured it was easier to do it before they put the travertine decking. I have to say digging in this clay soil of Houston when it is wet is no easy task. It was a chore and I have a new found respect for pool builders who do this for a living.

Decking1.jpg

Decking2.jpg

Decking3.jpg

The travertine decking is finally finished. It took a crew of 3-4 a full week to complete the job. Poor guys worked every day in the blazing sun and heat from 8am until 7pm every day. My wife took water and gatorade out to them several times each day. I cannot imagine how they did not pass out from heat exhaustion. It looks great and I'm told pool cleanup will take place today with Pebbletec going in on Wednesday. I should begin my first pool fill on Friday. My PB said I should not swim until after chemicals are stabilized. I'm thinking another week for that. It will be difficult to wait but I started the project at the end of January and had to wait way to long for the City of Houston to provide their approval so I guess I can wait a few more days. My pool kit has also just arrived so when it is turned over to me I'm ready.

They still need to dig out the swale along the side fence for City of Houston stormwater pond retention requirements but that I think a bobcat can make quick work of that. My fence guy is ready to bring to code my two gates and my landscaper is ready to begin Phase 1 of the landscaping project.

Decking.jpg

Oh, Wow! It's coming along! The travertine is lovely!
We are waiting for plaster too! I can't wait to get it completed. I've only been planning this since March. I cannot imagine beginning in January. But we are almost there. Thanks for posting this!

Sounds like it is going to come together quickly! It looks exquisite! Wonderful blending of color and texture.

As for the manual labor, it is good for the body and as you say, makes you appreciate the work of others. That is what I tell myself after a day of it, as I plop on the couch in exhaustion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plaster, acid wash and then fill with water. The chemical balancing will happen after the pool is full. It is going to be difficult to keep a couple of college-aged boys out of the water while it is being balanced. They have been waiting a long time too. I wonder how long the balancing will take before we can go in? In other words after first fill how long will we have to wait before we can actually go in the water? I'll ask my PB but I won't hear back until later this week.

I thought Wendy went in right away. They told us if I remember correctly that we could get in the water to brush the pebbles. I was also wondering about this as it takes a while to get everything right. Interesting.

Suz was told she could get in as soon as the water reached the middle of her skimmer! In fact that was part of her directions from her PB! LOL

I say let them in! You bath in this water so..........CANNON BALL!

Kim

We still need to finalize the swale construction due to City of Houston stormwater requirements since the original design was not quite right when implemented in the field. Also, still need to hookup irrigation system and do landscaping but we have been swimming for 2 weeks which has been great, although temperatures over 100 in Houston means warm pool water but I'm not complaining. We also need to buy new pool furniture but waiting until later since supply at the stores for these kind of things is not that great. I've also been following the TFP method of pool chemistry and the water has been crystal clear. Newest picture below. Aerial.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.