New Pool Build Kingwood TX

Corporate_Zombie: Thank god for our long swim season and you are right the hot tub will be used quite a bit when it gets cold. My guess is the great dig will begin sometime in late May. But we shall see.

Casey: We are getting a little anxious but we are also doing a complete renovation of our master bathroom so we are a little distracted. That project began about 5 weeks ago and the costs are now about half of the cost of the pool. I expect that project will take another 4 weeks which may be just in time when the pool starts. All of the check writing is starting to put a cramp in my hand but you know the old saying about keeping the wife happy.

Casey: We are getting a little anxious but we are also doing a complete renovation of our master bathroom so we are a little distracted. That project began about 5 weeks ago and the costs are now about half of the cost of the pool. I expect that project will take another 4 weeks which may be just in time when the pool starts. All of the check writing is starting to put a cramp in my hand but you know the old saying about keeping the wife happy.

Sweet! Good luck with all that checkwriting. Maybe we can get a sneak peak at the New bathroom too? lol

Finally!! It has taken 4 months but the City of Houston has finally granted the necessary stormwater permit needed to begin construction. The PB is coming out today to mark the excavation but with rain in the forecast for the next several days I don't expect any work to start until next week. I will post pics once the work begins.

Finally!! It has taken 4 months but the City of Houston has finally granted the necessary stormwater permit needed to begin construction. The PB is coming out today to mark the excavation but with rain in the forecast for the next several days I don't expect any work to start until next week. I will post pics once the work begins.

Great news! Good luck on your build :)

Glad you finally got it!!! Good meeting you two the other day, I hope everything clears up for a speedy build.

If you need a day in a pool, just let us know.

Maybe I'm being told something but just too stubborn to listen. We signed our contract in January and then with the City of Houston stormwater permit it has taken us months to get the green light. Once we did PB moved quickly and marked the pool and called utilities. Just when we were ready to begin the dig the skies opened up and they have not stopped yet. Will we ever get a break? Maybe the "pool gods" are telling me something and I'm just too stubborn to listen. I know my pool build is a minor inconvenience with all the rain in Houston and the rest of Texas where people have lost their homes and lives my issue definitely pales in comparison. I was hoping to be able to swim this season but with the forecast that I seen I'm may not get my wish.

On a positive side we have been able to focus on the master bathroom and it is almost complete. Still need the mirrors, sconces and shower glass but we should have that this week. Pics attached since that is the only construction I have going on at the moment.

20150521_141356.jpg

Attachments

• 20150521_141356.jpg
    20150521_141356.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 479
  • 20150521_141411.jpg
    20150521_141411.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 473
Oh how lovely! Since we can't have pictures of your pool build, these do just fine! I'm jealous of those cabinets. Storage space - I never have enough! Hope all you guys in Kingwood are high enough to keep dry. Thanks for sharing the photos. Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Porch.jpgFifteen minutes into my dig and the PB ran into first problem. Back porch slab is over 30 inches thick. They need a jackhammer attachment for bobcat. Packed up and hopefully return tonorrow or Friday. Ugh!

Last edited:
I was lucky that the porch is not attached to the foundation. Just past the column (going away from the house) is a two inch expansion joint for the back porch. The plan was to demo up to the point, then two steps down to travertine paver decking. We knew it was thick but the PB had no idea it was that thick until they started digging under the concrete. He said using the jackhammer on this will be an all day job and he is going to have to use plywood on the back windows just in case any bits go flying. The home builder definitely used a little over kill in building this house. I knew the concrete pad was thick since during the bathroom remodel we had to relocate the bath tub drain about six inches. Jackhammering the slab was a tough job. In Houston we have post tension slab so I was thinking the tendons were about 5 inches down. I was wrong more like 10-12 inches. When we bought the house last July the inspector used a laser level and said in his 15 years doing home inspections ours was 1 of only 3 in which he determined we had a completely level slab. Very unusual for Houston and Texas with clay soils. So I just need to be patient another day or two.

Second time is the charm. Jackhammer on bobcat made short work of back patio now removing trees. Hole will be completed by tomorrow. image.jpg

They completed the digging and framing on Saturday and the rebar crew showed up at 6am this morning. A few pictures of the progress. Some of the other pool digs I have seen on this website looks so clean with very little yard damage. Mine is going to require a little more rehabilitation.

20150606_095226.jpg20150606_095229.jpg20150608_065418.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.