New Pool Build – Kingwood, TX

By the way your pool came out great. Looks like you will have the same issue as me......waiting for Summer.

Is your fire pit natural gas? Or is it a wood burning?

Looks like I never responded. Too much year-end close-out stuff at work and too much Christmas shopping! Anyway, thanks. Yep, just waiting for April now. And my fire pit is natural gas. I need my PB to adjust the regulator. When the gas company installed service, they lit the pit. We had to turn it off at the main valve because we couldn't get anywhere near the thing to turn the blazing inferno off. Gas guy was impressed. The hair on my arms is singed.

Looks like I never responded. Too much year-end close-out stuff at work and too much Christmas shopping! Anyway, thanks. Yep, just waiting for April now. And my fire pit is natural gas. I need my PB to adjust the regulator. When the gas company installed service, they lit the pit. We had to turn it off at the main valve because we couldn't get anywhere near the thing to turn the blazing inferno off. Gas guy was impressed. The hair on my arms is singed.

Hahahaha, that is awesome. Maybe you could heat the pool that way.... Do you recall what type of pipe they used to run from the meter to the regulator?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pretty!

9 pm????????? They really wanted to get it done! The section they did last, is it straight? There was on pool build where they had to redo the late night section due to being able to tell just how tired they were. They just slapped it up. NOT good.

Kim

We finally made it through the holidays and all of the rain. I had to pump the pool twice but left the 3 inches of mud in the bottom....

The waterfall / rock crew showed up on Monday and finished the weeping wall, rock accents and flagstone coping.

The weeping wall (pictured in the middle) will run on the main pool pump. The 2 ton and 4 ton waterfall are on their own pump.

The finished off the step nicely...not too sure about the use of the old temporary sewer line. I guess it will do until the mortar cures.

On the far side of the pool is where the outdoor kitchen will be built. I have already dug two of the holes and pumped them out twice. The plywood was there to help protect them from the monsoon last weekend. It didn't help. Dad and I are putting the posts and beams in on Monday / Tuesday. Definitely a pain having to plan around the city inspector's hours. Nothing like having to take off work for something that should be done on the weekend...

Thanks we appreciate all of the compliments. We are happy they way everything has turned out. The PB came out and drained all of the lines and wrapped the vacuum breaker in preparation for last nights freeze.

I assume not much will happen until next week after the rain.

I was wrong, the PB sent his crew out to do some cleanup and grading in preparation of the decking. Starting to look like a finish is in the near future.

The box out in the pavers will be filled in to match the rest of the pavers. The corrugated pipe is just a temporary line to divert water away from the pool.

We have made some progress. We got all 4 posts in the ground, inspected by the city and concrete in the holes. We got 2 of the beams up last night and will get the other two this morning......brrrrrrrrr. The PB is supposed to be here this morning to finish grading and deck preparation. Hopefully pour on Wednesday or Thursday.

We are waiting on the city inspector and relaxing our muscles after moving around the 8 x 8 x 12 posts.

City has approved, time to mix some concrete. 21 bags!!!

This mixer is a life saver. Best $50 I have ever spent.

Posts are notched for beams.

The end is in sight.

I can honestly say I am tired of digging. The past 2 weeks have been all in preparation of the decking pour. I have put my patio posts in and beams up. I also ran PVC sleeves underground from each end of my patio, front, back and side to side. I knew once the decking was poured I would say...dangit I need electrical or speaker wire over there. So I ran 2 inch PVC underground to give me an easy way to run in the future.

Once all that was done.....the rain started. And kept going.... Then finally stopped.

Here is a picture of the base structure of our patio cover.

We chose the travertine stamp pattern with Almond and Dark Walnut stain. We had a hard time finding a sample that matched the faded grey herringbone pavers and the Oklahoma flagstone.

This is a good picture of the guys working the concrete. They smooth it out and put a powdered dye on top. The pictures below show the Almond dye first.....we were a bit frightened.....

Then they throw down the darker dye and start stamping.... We started to get worried about the color at this point. We saw the sample and then saw our decking....NO WAY it would turn out.

They came yesterday, cleaned all the dye off and scrubbed the pool. They sealed the decking today and we have to stay off for 2 days...... :-(
We were really happy how it turned out. My wife said the pictures dont do it any justice. I cant wait to get home to see. The concrete guys did a great job in our opinion.

Plaster is scheduled for Friday!!!! I cant wait to have some clean water in this pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.