New Pool Build – Kingwood, TX

I just enjoyed reading about your pool build. It turned out fabulous! I really like the covered area behind the pool that you will later use as an outdoor kitchen. I'm sure you're enjoying it this summer. AND a new baby. How exciting! Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just enjoyed reading about your pool build. It turned out fabulous! I really like the covered area behind the pool that you will later use as an outdoor kitchen. I'm sure you're enjoying it this summer. AND a new baby. How exciting! Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment. We are glad we moved up the start date of the pool build to make sure it was done before Harris was born. I couldn't imagine having that stress as well as being a new father. I definitely had a "wishful thinking" in regards to how much free time I would have after he was born. I had all of these plans of working on the patio / kitchen, landscaping, etc. Even though he is a great kid and my wife is amazing, it takes a team to raise little ones.

So here we are 3 months down the road. Our little one was born on April 4th.

I dont have much progress on the patio / kitchen. I just took the last two weekends to install the soffit and paint the trim. It takes a long time with 1 man. Many trips up and down the ladder and working over my head.

I am hoping to complete the electrical next weekend. Pics to follow

What a cutie! Look at him sitting with Dad!

I love how you found another set of "hands" to hold that end up! VERY smart!

One thing at a time. Adding a little one to your life does take more than you ever thought it would but if you are doing it right it is the best thing ever!

Kim

I made some more progress over the past few weeks. Complying with City code and scheduling inspections always adds on days.

Blocked out the collar ties and wrapped in cedar to give the "beam" look.

Put up the 1 x furring strips

LED can lights in the soffit.

Added some secondary king posts for the starburst effect.

First piece of corrugated tin going up.

Couldn't wait to turn on the lights......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the neighbors lights dim when you turned yours on?????? LOL that is SOME lighting. Do you have them on different switches so you can turn them on in zones?

That is awesome work. Look great!

Kim

The good thing is I used all LED lighting and they are all on their own dimmers. It cost a fortune upfront, but the reliability is fantastic and the power draw is nothing.

The ceiling fan is due in this week, we cant wait to hang it.

Do you have problems with mosquitoes and other bugs?

It just really depends on the night / time of year. Earlier in the year we had to keep a circle of citronella tiki torches around us. Right now they aren't so bad.

Hopefully the ceiling fan we purchased will keep them away. I found a fan that puts out 11,000 CFM. That is almost triple of a normal fan.

72 Inch Titan Ceiling Fan by TroposAir - Commercial or Residential / Outdoor or Indoor Use - Brushed Nickel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.