New Pool Build Houston area

They are 3x3. They are the 6x6 waterline tiles cut into quarters. It means the edges aren't perfect but it's not a big deal for me.

We ordered samples from Light Streams and since we didn't need too many we were able to use those. An idea to consider.
Gunite was super fun to watch. It's where you really get to see it all come together! So far that part was my favorite. I suspect our plaster tomorrow will beat it though.
It looks so big! Love seeing your progress. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ordered samples from Light Streams and since we didn't need too many we were able to use those. An idea to consider.
Gunite was super fun to watch. It's where you really get to see it all come together! So far that part was my favorite. I suspect our plaster tomorrow will beat it though.
It looks so big! Love seeing your progress. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for that idea. What size did you order? I spoke with my builder today and he suggested Using glass tiles turned like yours so we wouldn't need too many. . I will order samples and see how they look and maybe use them. I am looking forward to see how yours turn out after plaster. PM me who your builder is. Ours is working on one in Cypress too.

Unfortunately I will miss the gunite. Our 16 year old daughter is a competitive diver and her goal this year was to qualify for a national championship - she qualified for two and we leave early tomorrow (Thursday, just me and her) for Orlando for Nationals. Our son has been commissioned to time lapse it for me since my husband has to work. It's dissappointing, but id rather it get done then have it delayed. Everything they have done so far has been very professional with great attention to detail so I'm confident it will go well.

Your pool is very beautiful! The stone and tile are just perfect. We are going with the same monochromatic look.

Thanks for that idea. What size did you order? I spoke with my builder today and he suggested Using glass tiles turned like yours so we wouldn't need too many. . I will order samples and see how they look and maybe use them. I am looking forward to see how yours turn out after plaster. PM me who your builder is. Ours is working on one in Cypress too.

Your pool is very beautiful! The stone and tile are just perfect. We are going with the same monochromatic look.

Thank you! Sometimes I think it's a little too light but my husband loves it. When we seal the stone I want to use the enhancer to give it the wet look. I'll have to go back and look at the color plaster you're doing! I bet it will really pop!

The samples are all 2". I got 9 of each in 3 different colors and ended up just alternating them. I actually called to try and place a small order but I couldn't get through so made do with what I had. My spa tiles are more samples I got from Walker Zanger in 7/8". Too small but it was something and we made them work too. I think they'll be really pretty with the glass in our plaster either way.

I think I can say who my PB is since I have all good things to say (someone let me know if not). We're using Great Escapes though I talked to many and got 6 or 7 bids.

Congratulations to your daughter! That's awesome!!

That is so neat to hear about your daughter! WOW! You must be SO proud!

You are getting close enough now to go ahead and order your test kit. Ask you PB what testing he will be giving you and let us know so we can help you fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Congratulations on your daughter's achievement! Awesome accomplishment!!

I love the light neutral look, I would have done it if I could have done travertine. Your water color will be the standout for sure!!

Congratulations on your daughter's achievement! Awesome accomplishment!!

I love the light neutral look, I would have done it if I could have done travertine. Your water color will be the standout for sure!!

I've been following your build and it's beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. And looking forward to seeing you enjoying it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, gunite had to rescheduled for Saturday.

Here is the pool our daughter is diving in. Is this even safe? At first I thought it was stains, but the kids said it feels slimy on the bottom and you can see you feet prints in it if you touch. It's a public YMCA pool.

image.jpg

YUCK! I would have the alcohol out and ready to flush her ears out with as soon as she got out of the pool. How is that allowed? As for safe? You would hope it has passed inspection before the meet. You can see the bottom so......

:kim:

Her ear was hurting. We have been putting stuff in it since she got in the pool on Thursday. You could see the bottom...but... Still yuck!
She is done competing there so that's good. We are home and this is what I came home to tonight:

image.jpgimage.jpg
Our son did his job and took some time lapse for me and sent me these pictures earlier. It looks so much deeper than I thought it would. It's too late to check the measurements tonight, but I will in the morning. My yard is a mess!!!

That looks awesome!

Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it? You need to water it at least twice a day. This will help slow the curing down. There may still be a few small cracks but nothing you could fit a finger in. You can use a sprinkler when you get tired to boding LOL

That looks awesome!

Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it? You need to water it at least twice a day. This will help slow the curing down. There may still be a few small cracks but nothing you could fit a finger in. You can use a sprinkler when you get tired to boding LOL

I bought a bunch of soaker hoses and weaved them through the rebar which let the water trickle down nicely. Since forming the gunite is crucial I figured it was worth the small investment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.