New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Wendy.... That whole water chemistry discussion gave me a headache. Seriously. I think I quit breathing while I read it. Of course, I shouldn't read that stuff at night when I'm tired.

I hope when it's my pool, and I'm running the tests it will make sense. But right now, it all sounds like :blah:

I'll try reading it again in the morning...

Your water color is unbelievable!! I hope my Blue Granite looks as beautiful as yours!

How is hubs?

Suz.

Sunbaby, what ozdriver is right.
the yellow colored test only measures Total Chlorine. (TC)
its quite possible to have high comined chlorine (a.k.a. chloramine) which is bad, and also some Free Chlorine, which is the good stuff, and if a person doesnt know the differnce, think that a level of 5 on the color test is good.
the yellow color test cannot tell the differene between FC and CC, so just because it says there is chlorine is not necessarily to be trusted.

Using your TF 100, you can measure Fc and CC independently and that will tell you really what condition your chlorine is in. FC+CC=TC

BTW,
that pool of yours is gorgeous!

Quick test gives you TC (Total Chlorine) it is an approximation.
Titration test gives you FC and with the additional steps, CC.
If your tab chlorinator is turned up high, on your size pool, running 24/7, the FC level can go up a lot overnight.
It will be slower during the day, as the sun it consuming your unstabilized Chlorine

Wendy.... That whole water chemistry discussion gave me a headache. Seriously. I think I quit breathing while I read it. Of course, I shouldn't read that stuff at night when I'm tired.

I hope when it's my pool, and I'm running the tests it will make sense. But right now, it all sounds like :blah:

I'll try reading it again in the morning...

Your water color is unbelievable!! I hope my Blue Granite looks as beautiful as yours!

How is hubs?

Suz.

Suz, the actual testing isn't hard at all! The kit has a nice little flip card that tells you exactly what to do. I just record the results. Now, understanding what to do next - that's SCARY! Thank goodness for TFP!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Divin Dave!

Ok. Kinda funny. I posted yesterday on another thread that my HOA has gotten crazy and I was expecting a violation letter. Few hours later, I got it! They said they have had complaints about the length of time the construction is taking and want to know the completion date. They also mentioned the fence isn't around my propane tanking up, my trash bin can be seen from the road as well as my BBQ pit & patio furniture. (Part of my fence is down due to construction)

I responded that we have had a little rain that slowed down progress and I am at the mercy of my builder. No one wants the construction completed more than we do.

Jerks.

New rule! Wendy is ONLY allowed to say happy things that we want to happen! Look what happens when she speaks!

Hummmmmmm Wendy say "I want Suz's pool done" LOL OH wait I guess you better say "I want MY pool done" first so your HOA will be happy!

Kim

Let's try this . . .

Let the PebbleTec God's grace Suz's pool ASAP!!!!!!!!

I am not worried about my HOA - they have written letters to everyone I know! Seriously - my neighbor got a letter because their child left a bike in their driveway (BY THEIR GARAGE) but it could be seen from the road.

Thank you guys for thinking of ole Suz and her pool! Ya'll are the best. In fact, I called our PB yesterday and asked if he had a pebble date for me and Paris 69 (we have the same pb). He said he was waiting to hear from the plaster place to first clean up both our pools. Last I checked, Paris's pool is clean. He and I are beginning to get a little miffed seeing other pools finished in our area using the SAME plaster company. Most of them had their dig after ours. For now, we're both trying to continue with patience. So any encouraging words to the plaster gods IS appreciated. Wendy, aren't you glad you did not go with him, even though he's a nice guy!

As far as the HOA goes, you've got the right attitude. Not much longer now!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awe Suz, I am sorry you guys are getting frustrated. I really do understand! I am pretty sure my PB got some preferential treatment from the PT company. I have a friend that is the GM of a HUGE pool company locally and he said that there is no way I should have moved so fast - he has people that have been on the list for a while. I really don't think it is your builder - I think I just got VERY lucky.

Also - the cleaning - PT actually does the cleaning - they come out and really work on the shell before they spray it - they did mine the day before (I think - or it might have been morning of) It is a lot of what looked like sanding bumpy parts of the gunite down and prepping it. So maybe that is what he is talking about?

You are going to be swimming in no time - and your pool is going to be WORTH the wait!!!!!!!

Thanks, Wendy. We're certainly not miffed with you or any pool owners. Our pb's right hand man came out today. He's also a good guy but doesn't have much authority. He said something about how nice I am, and I thanked him. I told him that when our deck is finished, I expect to get pebble soon, or he will no longer think I'm nice. I told him I wasn't the only one who has noticed that others are moving forward, and that I expect to be in line with the Pebble company if they're 3 weeks out. He said they are caught up.

Coincidence? I heard from Paris tonight that our PB called him early this evening that MMG will clean his pool this Saturday and pebble scheduled next mid week!! I'm soooo happy for him, his wife, and his little girl.

Apologies for venting....
Suz.

It's just such a long process. I feel mine has gone fairly quickly. My substitute superintendent (ours went on vacation) is really nice too. I think they work fast because they get their money in stages. But who knows? I'd much rather have quality than speed. We still have deck to pour, fence to mend, gate to rebuild, pergola to build, landscaping and sprinkler system to repair and...hey, maybe that's it...no...plaster/pebble sheen. It'll be great for next summer. Suz, yours is almost there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suz I bet your telling him about how you and others have noticed how others are moving ahead of others promoted the call to Paris! Good job! I hope YOU get the call soon!

Life has some rain and clouds in it. It is a good thing to vent about it. That gets it out so sunshine can come back in!

Kim

Well, I'm all caught up, and it looks Great Wendy! Love it.

Your pH will fight you by coming up since the finish is so new, but you'll notice it less by running pucks for FC, as they will push your pH down some. Remember they are also adding Cya, so see how that is in a few weeks. Did PB say how long they will manage the chems? If you really want the best read on FC, use the drop count (pink) test. The pH takes time to get familiar with the colors but you don't need ultra precision on that. You really want the pH no higher than 7.8, so pretty soon you'll need to have acid on hand to adjust. Your pool won't get yucky if you keep the FC in control, so I would suggest running that at least every other day for now. Every day is better :) Remember that every 10 PPM of FC you get from the pucks will come with 6 PPM Cya, so it won't take that long to build it up. That build up will be slower if you have a ton more rain, or have to backwash a whole, whole lot, but eventually, even that won't be enough to keep the Cya in check. Sounds like your are doing pretty well overall for now, but do keep up with it. Post up some more questions if you have some, and we'll help you out.

Thank you Patrick! I love It!

My PB said the same thing, that until it has cured my PH will rise constantly. I send him my numbers daily. Right now, my ph will hit 7.8 every other day. When it does, I add 1/2 bottle of acid, next morning I'm back at 7.5. Just seems like a LOT of acid!

I'm doing both the quick test and the drop test for chlorine, trying to learn the color. I have 0 CC but the quick test shows Bright yellow. Yesterday the drop test showed 2.5 - it's hard starting off and not being able to see the right color on chlorine. But I'm going to keep at it!

I still don't have any cya, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong. Or maybe today is the day! I haven't tested this morning. The PB said for the first month, they take care of the pool & I can't do anything - but once I started testing on my own and sending him numbers, he has slowly let me start adjusting. First couple of times he actually sent a pool guy out to add acid. I was like, uhm, I can do that. So he's been letting me. I think until it cures and levels out he will be making the calls on chemicals

Warranty baby, warranty! Make sure you are writing down all of your tests and what you do to keep you covered.

I am sure he is not used to someone that really knows what is what and how to do this and that to their pool.

Did you or he add any CYA to the pool? (too lazy to read back to see LOL).

Have you told him about TFP and what you have learned already?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.