New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Here are a few more pics - I tried to get a pic of the shells on the ledge. LOVE them. As well as some pics of how murky my water is! It settles and then we brush and get it all stirred up again. It doesn't feel like it will ever get clear! You can actually SEE the dirt on the tanning ledge in one of the pics

19336762996_810eedb7e6_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19175334650_53055fcd35_c.jpg

18740435794_5791e22f1a_c.jpg

19336843806_7ecdb3f3c3_c.jpg

18740343404_c7c1cd527a_c.jpg

18742274883_1688c57b8a_c.jpg

Your pool is absolutely beautiful!!!! I have been following your build since the beginning even though I haven't posted. I am so happy for you!!!

I hope your ear infection clears quickly. I am bad for getting them so my Dr. told me to mix equal parts of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar and put a few drops in my ears after swimming (let them sit for a few seconds and then drain out). He said that's what professional swimmers do. I can't stand the smell of vinegar so I usually just don't get my head wet, but if I do then I use the drops. I always make my kids use them after swimming just to be on the safe side. We just mix up a batch at the beginning of summer and keep them in an air tight container for when we need them.

Love everything about your pool! At least you got to see it when it was clear AND you know how to get it clear!

Does each water feature have its own valve so you can turn this or that one on/off/higher/lower? Not that I would change how it is now! It is just right with the movement and noise. So soothing!

Kim

OMG! I'm just now getting down the page of today's posts.I can't believe you have an ear infection. Oh, the irony! I hope you rested well and are feeling better in the morning.

Your pool is gorgeous even with murky water. Actually, it looks great on my cell phone - I don't see the cloudiness. And the color lights are fabulous!

Thanks for telling us about the pipes possibly dirtying the fresh water. If you hadn't shared, I would have been so shocked and disappointed

Suz.

Your pool has come together beautifully!

The hubby turned the water features off and got his shop vac out and tried to get as much out of the crevasses as possible. He needs some training but he is going to make one heck of a pool boy.

This makes me laugh because my husband always said, I'm not dealing with that pool! Guess who loves to vac it? lol He came in to wake me up one afternoon and teach him how to hook it up. He's really enjoying his Pool Boy Status... now if only I could get him to wear the Speedo... :mrgreen:

I have been paying the kids to dive down and get debris from the bottom and stir up the sand. The stuff in the crevices kills me, I want my vac so bad.

As for your muddy water, I don't think it will be long (day or two) till it is all cleared up, based on my pool. We had water for a week with no electric. It got a tad bit cloudy, and slickery. Once pump and filter were turned on, it cleared right up. So I can see the gunk in the crevices crystal clear now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been paying the kids to dive down and get debris from the bottom and stir up the sand. The stuff in the crevices kills me, I want my vac so bad.

As for your muddy water, I don't think it will be long (day or two) till it is all cleared up, based on my pool. We had water for a week with no electric. It got a tad bit cloudy, and slickery. Once pump and filter were turned on, it cleared right up. So I can see the gunk in the crevices crystal clear now.

OH that is the best news I have heard! I think it is a little bit better today. I called my PB to see if they have a vacuum I could borrow - she is asking the guys. They are supposed to come out here today to test. I tried to tell them I can test for them :) My testing kit blows theirs out of the water! :)

I haven't gone to get my medicine for my ears yet - so I am going to do that here in a few minutes. I am feeling pretty crummy, today I have a fever :(

Thank you guys for all the kind comments and for everyone that has been watching the process and sharing in all the fun, excitement and anxiety!

Some 'pool school' handovers include a basic skimmer, pole and vac. The guy who came weekly during startup vacuumed up the stuff I brushed off during that month.

Love everything about your pool! At least you got to see it when it was clear AND you know how to get it clear!

Does each water feature have its own valve so you can turn this or that one on/off/higher/lower? Not that I would change how it is now! It is just right with the movement and noise. So soothing!

Kim

Yes! The feature pump has 3 valves one for the waterfall, one for the weeping wall and one for the bubblers. They showed me how to adjust them and I have played with them and gotten them where I like them. But they have to bring me different caps for the bubblers - right now they have the caps on that push the water off of the tanning shelf - I want the ones that shoot the water up :)

19144244780_0e1d8e9002_c.jpg

I texted my PB office this am and asked for a manual vacuum I could borrow that I couldn't get all the dirt out. They texted me back and said the owner would be out in 15 minutes - that it should be clearing up. So I look up and he is out there! He said the guys were supposed to put in a valve to the heater so there wasn't so much water going through it and causing too much pressure - and they didn't have it on the truck the day they did startup - so my filter has been running slow and NOT filtering like it should.
~~Please take what I am saying with a grain of salt, because I really didn't understand all this - so I might have it wrong when I am repeating it back~~

Then I tell him that no matter how much I brush I can't get anything to clean out of the spa and he just kinda looks at me and says - that is because it isn't in spa mode :) So he showed me how to do that and the dirt just magically sucked away!

He was putting something in the pool - I think Muratic Acid and something else - and to tell you his sense of humor -he says - no swimming Wendy, I'm serious. I said for how long? He looked at me, dead serious and says 6 weeks. lol I called him a name that TFP warns me about and he just smiled. He said my pool should start clearing up in 4-5 hours.

Here is a before and after of the color change - about 2 hours difference.

19136541369_ab13874c75_c.jpg
(This was when it was clear - but green)

18762904653_ff2bc8dbf0_c.jpg

Here is a few hours after he treated and started cleaning - still murky - but blue!

..... He said the guys were supposed to put in a valve to the heater so there wasn't so much water going through it and causing too much pressure - ........

This is a good idea. You can actually bypass the water from flowing through the heater all the time and only open the valve to the heater when you want the pool heated. This will minimize the corrosion / deposits on the heater elements.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.