New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

All you experienced Moss Rock people - how do I clean it? How often? Tools, tricks, opinions? I want to have all my stuff (cleaning tools and such) before I need them!

A Stainless wire brush would be all you'll need for the odd touch up.
Essentially, wherever your pool water is not getting, it should probably look like moss rock and have the odd bit of moss & lichen on it.
The pool water is going to control the other bits.

A good deal of mine is waterfall, so obviously regularly we with chlorinated water.
The other decorative bits I plan to live & let live to make it look more natural and blend in with the landscaping.

Electrician is here!!!!!!

Quick question - I went out and asked if they could install an outlet for us so that we have one near the pool (for speakers, fans, outdoor lighting, whatever) - he said that there will be an extra outlet at the equipment pad - which is very close to my firepit/spa. I need to decide if I need more. They are out digging right now.

Would you put in an extra one? We have outlets all over the backside of the house - this would just be out by the pool. Any suggestions? Also - I didn't ask how much - that may be a determining factor. The electrician ran to pick up more supplies and left the crew digging. He will be back in an hour or so . . .

I put one in by my waterfall. Also have the one they always put in @ the pool panel.
I recommend it.
Then again I ran conduit for low voltage lighting and speakers "just in case"
Mine did not charge me extra because I laid the conduit ran a fish line through it and supplied the receptical and box.
All he did was pull the lines and wire it to the panel.

Do you know if there are any rules I should know before I ask? Does it have to be so far away from the water or anything? I think I would like one over by the waterfall too . . . great area for lighting. Any idea what running one cost you? I will pay the electrician directly and don't have any idea what a fair price will be. It will only be about 20' away from the equipment.

The receptical will be a GFCI just like in a bathroom due to water proximity. The Electrician will know that.
Also, make sure the enclosure allows you to have something plugged in and still close. Surprisingly, a lot don't.
lT42XhSBEh6Y8T3TBmrrV_SOVs_yTe-h-_Dr7DUYJKE=w526-h934-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably $200-$300 per outlet. I'd recommend one or two besides the equipment area outlet around the pool if it works in the budget which IIRC is blown already.

Yikes! That is a lot more than I had thought :(

Guess I will just ask and see . . . I would really like 1 more by the back of the spa - just for landscape lighting really. But all this extra cash purchases are adding up fast!

I paid $250 for mine. I actually put one on each side of the pool, I want to add low voltage lighting, also. I put one near the daybed/chaise area and one by the table area. Also, it will be nice should we have ipad/iphone for music and need to charge that. We also have a patio pond, I will need to plug in, so the more the better in my mind. However, mine does not look as good as OZDIVER! Also, I agree to make sure you can plug in and keep in - that is important as many don't allow that.

He said he would charge me $65 + $3 a foot to run it. Absolutely a fair price.

He said it has to be at least 6' away from the water - I asked about right behind the waterfall - he said the water comes up at the back of the waterfall - so it needs to be 6' away :( I am thinking maybe running it out by the tree behind the waterfall - I don't want it out in the middle of no where.

They just ran all the conduit under the ground and said decking is ready to be poured! WAHOO! He will be back after concrete to hook it up - and he said he could run the extra then. So I have a couple weeks before I have to pick out where I want it.

Heading out again, this time for a week. My nephew is house & dog sitting. He has strict instructions that no work is to be done on the pool while we are gone. I'm such a control freak! I can't help it!

sunbaby, my brother is an electrician in MA where the rules are strict. he says that many states follow the national electric code, though, and i am in the middle of getting some electric assistance from him. i posted a thread on electric a couple of days ago and will add to it when i get more info. the 6 foot thing was something i posted so that's good he new that! my pb, a large builder has missed some things, like the fact that it is code that u have to have a receptical no closer than 6 feet and no farther than 20 feet from the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.