New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

We too are about 10k over budget and it is just from small changes. ACK. Plus we'll have drainage issues in our yard as well but they are installing drains around the pool but I don't know if I quite trust them to get it right. Only time will tell. Plus I feel compared to all the Houston amazing pools mine is just "normal" haha. I guess that is the cost of the Austin my yard is solid rock tax.

Tell me about the pet thing. I can totally relate. We have an itty bitty peekapoo and he is getting old. I swear in the last 6 months he has set me back at least 2k. Plus after he went and had a 1k vet bill my daughter's 3 year old cat had a urinary track blockage and there went another 1k. Plus now he has to eat special food which costs $40/bag and we have to have all these creative schedules to keep the dog and other cat from eating it because I don't want to buy extra haha.

Plus we also are going on a cruise in the middle of our pool build. I am a bit nervous because I don't know what stage the pool builder will be at when we go. We booked the cruise a year ago for our 15th anniversary. We didn't even know we were getting a pool when we booked it. And I have a business trip to Switzerland in 3 weeks so who knows where we'll be when that happens too. My wife might be the one that has to water the gunite.

I'm back!!! It's pouring so I haven't been able to even peak at the pool. They have the spillover covered in tarps- so I have no idea what it looks like! I'm dying to go look!

the hubbs developed pneumonia while I was gone :( and little Zoe developed a very nasty infection in her incision. They are both very sick, on lots of antibiotics & very glad I'm home to take care of them! I'm glad I'm home too!

Missed you guys! Can't wait to get a few minutes to check everyone's builds!

Wendy, welcome back! We all missed you, our Texas star! Much later on, you'll have to post some cruise pictures and tell us all about it. That's awful about your husband and Zoe. I know they're ever so glad to have you home. I guess it feels almost like you didn't leave. You left with the rain and returned with the rain. Our weather pattern hasn't changed much at all. Better for some people/places, and worse for others. At least in our Houston area, we all seem to be taking turns with the severity of weather. Over at our house, the tiles guys really roll with the punches. When it pours, they tarp everything really fast, and take cover in the garage. As soon as it stops, they get back to work - just like it's all normal. I guess in a way now, it is normal!

Get some rest, take care of business at hand, and then get back to us. Take care! Suz.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,573
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,566
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 761
Aww thanks guys! My iPad is doing some weird things. Not sure why it's double posting pics, but I'll try to clean it up when I get on my computer.

It didn't post my long post either! Pretty much the spillover was a surprise & turned out way better than the idea I had come up with! My idea was small river-rocks, but the builder suggested sticking closer to the moss rock design - I had told him to create whatever he wanted. I love it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Funny how everyone see something different. We had a pool built one time here at TFP and they had really neat stepping stones BUT a normal brush could NOT get between them. I was able to tell them about the round brush I love for my pool at the bottom. It was the right size and shape for her!

Kim

Your rock waterfall and spa are fabulous! Two spillways - that's so cool! And the rocks your PB selected are beautiful. I love all their colors.

How excited were you when you saw all the work completed!? So much fun! Do you know what's next? Take care. Suz.

I never even thought about cleaning between those rocks! Hopefully something will fit nicely!

This should work, I picked it up at the pool store, I was there for something else and saw it, good for corners and the bottom edge. The pool store was a trip, I don't think anybody except me made it out of there without Phos Free, shock (they were giving it away if you had a rewards card), something called green gone it was crazy, money being thrown away left right and center.
e6a579a86ddffda347efc18d70a1fbb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE that brush! That is THE one I use to get the inside bottom of my pool. It will be purrrfect for between your rocks.

I was looking at the spa again. Your pool builder had to hand pick those rocks. Each one is different but they all go together so nicely. I love their shapes and color. He did so good! How nice it is to see someone loving the work they do and doing their very best!

Kim

That brush is a MUST HAVE!!!!!!!! I guess I need to head to Leslie's to pick one up :)

Ricky, thanks for checking on us! The storms have been bad, last night I was actually scared - it was bad. But we are okay - limbs down and standing water. But we are okay! You guys okay over there???

My pool is about 1/2 full - talked to the builder today he said they have 5 pumps that are working round the clock on pools waiting for gunite - I told him no worries - I would just buy some of those tabs you throw in to kill mosquitoes. The only gross thing - there are dead frogs in the pool - gross. I don't understand why they are dead - shouldn't they be able to get out on their own???

On a side note - the hubby's pneumonia is FINALLY showing some improvement!!!! YAY! And Zoe - the little trouble maker got her stitches out today - they think part of the problem was a reaction she was having to the actual stitches - so glad to get them out!

I am so swamped with work - only have 4 work days until I leave for the cruise with the hubby - so I won't be able to get on here very often until I am back. I can't WAIT to catch up!

That's great news about your husband and Zoe! Everything's looking up - well, except for being swamped with work. Don't worry about things here! We'll all still be here, and you will catch up when you get back.

If you don't mind, I would like you to bring us Texans back something..... Sunshine and perfect temperatures!!! Pretty please!!! Don't work too hard this week! Suz.

They came out to pump the pool and spa today. All I can say is that the spillover is awesome! Yes - the water was actually so high it was spilling from the spa to the pool. Oh this rain!

Also - WHY do frogs die in the pool? No chemicals - frogs can climb the side of my house - so it can't be that they can't get out - right? I thought they could jump really far - could it be they jump in and die because it is too far? Seriously - my pool is full of dead, gross, frogs - just floating around. YUCK!

17986424868_10975df46b_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

17988104549_b348a303eb_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.