New pool build *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

The pool is down to about 76 now... cool, refreshing but for natives of AZ "too cold"
We are asking the PB about the "muddy paw prints" to see if we have any hope but while it's less than ideal I can deal with it knowing over time it should fade.

So the gurgling was cause by the flap in the scupper getting hung up and causing the system to "starve" and that has been fixed now. Other issues have come up, discovered this week that the pebble finish team damaged the decking edge finish (to be fixed tomorrow) along with the paint they removed from bottom of house from pressure washing existing decking cleaned for acrylic application and the kicker is the electrical outlet put in for the BBQ island build (in progress) is MISSING WIRES ... at least at the above ground box. Seriously....? So that is a possible today "action" for the PB team. Paint/decking fixes tomorrow.

80 degree water, how did you manage that without a heater? New water from a hose is probably somewhere in the 60's. My pool water right now without heating is only 72.

my parents' house in PV area was built in 1970's and the supply pipes to the house are very deep. they get cold tap water in the summer. My house in Buckeye is 8 years old, and ours are near the surface, so the water is always warmer.

my parents' house in PV area was built in 1970's and the supply pipes to the house are very deep. they get cold tap water in the summer. My house in Buckeye is 8 years old, and ours are near the surface, so the water is always warmer.

I built my previous pool in 2011 just north of Houston. The build was completed during Thanksgiving week and filled during the holiday weekend. After fill, my water temperature was 78. I checked the temperature of the water coming out of my hose and found it to be 80....where do they store that stuff to keep it so warm?

Its looking so nice, and I'm glad your doggies have taken to it somewhat - at least to sign their property. I do not have the patience like you do to keep them off the build, but so far I've managed to avoid signatures from puppy picassos. I am NOT looking forward to the 2 days I have to keep them off it for the spray deck sealer. Or the plaster. I don't think mine will go anywhere near it one its filled with water. My babies don't even like baths, but until it fills, thats going to be not fun. Mainly because walking my dogs looks more like I'm trying to herd cats.

I hope you get all the little details cleared up and can start to relax and enjoy it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are some photos of the finished and in use photos now. (ignore the blocks on the left side as I am building a small retaining "wall" for rain runoff during monsoon and help reduce the dogs kicking in more rocks)

20150328_173953-M.jpg

20150329_161249-M.jpg

20150329_161309-M.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.