New Pool Build (Another One) in Allen, TX

Kind of funny on the wall. They started building it much more flat and "clean" looking behind the spa and at the start of the wall. I am going for a more irregular and "natural" look, so twice I had to ask the owner / foreman to speak with the stone mason to make it less perfect. They've got the idea now. It appears to be a slow, difficult task to build this kind of wall, but these gentleman seem very good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it is coming along very nicely. I noticed that your patio our shows to be on the white side. Is this a limestone mix with white sand? We are stuck on what to use for our decking and are leaning towards a color like yours shows.

Looks like it is coming along very nicely. I noticed that your patio our shows to be on the white side. Is this a limestone mix with white sand? We are stuck on what to use for our decking and are leaning towards a color like yours shows.

Our current patio is just concrete slab, but that will be overlaid with the decking that we are going with around the pool, which is travertine pavers in "very light walnut" color. We have a couple samples ... I will try to post a picture later today.

I assume we are using the same paver subcontractor. Have you seen the English Walnut? What about Noce, and regular Walnut? They all appear to be similar from the pictures I've seen. Can you touch on the differences since youve seen them in person?

I assume we are using the same paver subcontractor. Have you seen the English Walnut? What about Noce, and regular Walnut? They all appear to be similar from the pictures I've seen. Can you touch on the differences since youve seen them in person?

Our charter to them was "the lightest travertine you can get", so we didn't really consider the other colors you mentioned. I've only seen pictures online of english walnut, Noce, etc, so I can't really speak to it. I know the samples of "very light walnut" are indeed very light, which we wanted to ensure the temperature stayed as comfortable as possible. We tried to get white, but they are unable to get it. They apparently use Pavepro in Dallas for their travertine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yeah - Pavepro is the sub. I should hopefully be getting decking soon. I'm very interested in their prep for the pavers and if they use a gravel base with sand over the top. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

In Houston, but my observations on the colors.

We went out to QDI. The walnut and eng walnut are very similar when dry, with the eng walnut have more browns in it. We sprayed it with a hose and once wet, the walnut looked the same but the eng walnut got much darker. If you want light then regular walnut for sure.

Thanks ready and mj! I am happy with the outcome. I can't wait to get the decking in and start turning the disaster zone into a pool area.

I have changed my mind on the pool fence plans. I was going to put one that spanned the perimeter between the house and pool. Now I am thinking of having 2 sections. 1 that spans the gap near the existing patio, and another that starts at the other edge of the house and closes the pool off from the side yard. But, the caveat is I would "need" (more like really want) to knock a hole in the bedroom and put a door to the big side yard for letting dogs out. The other advantage is it would give easy access to a bathroom for swimmers.

Does anyone have a good general contractor that would be good for this kind of job in DFW area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.