New owner of a older pool, tried Pool Store, now going TFPC

07/14-6:00am
Slam Target: 20ppm
FC: 16ppm
CC:0

Solar blanket was still on and I was sad I didn't pass the OCLT so I just went back to bed :S

07/14-9:30am
FC: 16ppm

Here we go again for another day, Adding more bleach, I'm really hoping this journey is over soon!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you notice it looking better each day? You are taking pics, right? :D

::epds::

I was going to take a picture yesterday but was recovering from Saturday's pool party lol I can see the bottom clearly in the deep end (8') with the pump running, so it's come light years from what it was and has come MUCH better even just compared to Friday afternoon when I got the test kit.

I just wish I didn't have to run the pump 24x7 as our electricity here costs us twice as much during the day (7am-7pm) compared to (7pm-7am) and it's a 10 year old single speed pump, I ran it 24x7 all last week and I'm sure that will cost me a small furtune!

I will make extra sure to scrub everything again today hoping the Bleach will kill it. If I want to bring it up to Mustard Algae Shock level do I need to wait until I'm done the SLAM?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
07/14-11am
FC: 21ppm

I spent an hour and a half scrubbing, took the light nook out, some algae in there so got rid of that, on the ladder it looked good however when I took the bottom "cups" off there was algae in there :eek:, scrubbed the skimmer, took the returns out and scrubbed those then gave the pool a THOROUGH scrub, will see if this helps.

P.S. I for sure think now that the pool is ~17,500 Gal, that's 5000Gal less than what the Pool store had :S

Here's the water in the shallow end with pump running, no sun today:

Deep end, harder to see, looks cloudy but it's just my cell phone camera:

07/15-5:15am
FC: 21ppm
CC:0.5

So I did the test twice just now to be sure, I got 41 drops then 42 drops (20.5/21ppm) :rockon:

Ok it's really early and I'm going back to sleep but it sure seems as though:

-water is extremely clear
-lost 0-0.5ppm overnight
-cc is 0.5

So I'm done the SLAM? I never thought this day would come!!!!!!!!

Feels like such an accomplishment!!!

And I assume now I don't need to run my pump 24x7 either which is good. I'll start with 6hrs per day, at night for me because that's when electricity is cheapest.

During the day, would you keep the solar blanket on or off or doesn't matter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.