New Owner/Builder, Los Angeles

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really in love with both yours and Jaimslaw's Tropics finishes! Since his was a custom blend that removed the tri-colored rock mix and added glass and shells, I asked him if could take a very close up picture of the finish to see what colored pebbles are visible. Would you mind doing the same, please? Thank you!

Jaime, here you go...

IMG_4498_zpspexsnnhw.jpg

The glass are the dark blue and light blue specs. I don't think you can make out the clear glass or the shells in this pic. Those mostly show when reflecting off the sun at just the right angle.

- - - Updated - - -

And here are a few shots at night with my favorite color on the led spectrum, just because.:cheers:

IMG_4500_zpscbhrumxh.jpg

IMG_4501_zps70o0k5dd.jpg

I have a quick question. I'm doing pavers also. Did they tamp your soil before cement? Did they tamp your pavers before and after install? I'm doing a install in Florida and every thing is sand.
Your install is beautiful.

Happy

Take a look at page three of this thread. It's a pretty good run down of the paver process that was used in my build. I don't remember them compacting the dirt after they did the excavation. They did compact the initial gravel base and leveled it. In fact they compacted every two inches basically. For me the sand was only the top two inches. First gravel, then decomposed granite, then sand. No cement was used at all. They did also compact the travertine after they laid it down, except they wrapped the compactor in carpet so that it would not damage the travertine. Trick of the trade I guess. Hope that helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A quick update about a few things I've learned and some recommendations for others going through the building process...

The upgrade that I am super happy that I went through with is my deep returns. I have heated up my pool twice since start up, and the first time I didn't use the deep returns, and when I jumped in the pool was still cold below 3 feet. The second time, I used the deep returns and the pool was evenly heated and it heated up faster overall. A $200 upgrade that was well worth it. I also love the color led lights. At first I thought that it was something that I would never use, but they are just fun to have.

The one thing I regret - paying my plumber in full before my salt system was up and running. I couldn't test the salt system until i put in salt, which I could not do until the plaster cured. So I waited 60 days to put in salt. Since everything else was working fine, and I passed my final inspection, I paid the plumber and he promised to swing by if there were any problems with the salt system. Of course, when I went to start up the salt cell, it didn't work correctly, and the plumber was nowhere to be found. Long story short, I was able to get the parts replaced under the Jandy warranty, but it was a headache that the plumber should have taken care of for me.

Lastly, a new addition that I have fallen in love with is my nautilus plus pool cleaner. AMAZING. I don't have a pool company since I am using the TFPC method, so I was spending an hour every few weeks vacuuming my pool. Now I just plug in the robot, pop open a beer, turn on the game, and come back a few hours later to pull it out of the pool. And it does a better job than I was doing, without using my pump and filter. I truly recommend getting one, especially if your pool gets a ton of leaves like mine does. By the way, the TFPC method is awesome. My pool water is crystal clear, and once I got down my routine, testing the water is a pretty quick process. I would recommend it to everyone.

What an awesome update! Sounds like you really do have a Trouble Free Pool!

:( on the plumber.......bet you will not be telling anyone to use him in the future.

"pop open a beer and turn on the game" = a clean pool! LOVE IT! LOL

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.