New Member from MN

NICE! Shows what you can do if you buy a GOOD test kit and listen.

I would keep those shots to show everyone! "Look what I did!"

Now to find the sweet spots for your levels. Keep the receipts for the rest of the summer and share how much money you did NOT spend!

Kim

I hate to bring it up but there is one problem looming on the horizon that you're probably not going to be able to fix. It happened to me after I first cleared my pool.

You nailed it! Boredom is a main side effect of sparklypoolitis.

You could always install a solar heater to keep you busy. :stirpot:

Bahaha. That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

"So the pool looks amazing... now what to do about heating it up? I wonder what it would take to put in some solar, that old gas heater I inherited is bound to not work or crash in short order... Time to scour TFP for solar ideas!"

- - - Updated - - -

I find sparklypoolitis causes me to buy more fun stuff. I have a couple new floats and last week I made a tray holder for the side of my pool with pvc! :)

Speaking of PVC... the other thing on my mind is making a fountain out of PVC to go in the return near the slide. Plenty of things to do now... and time to do it, if the grass would stop growing so fast. :flower:

CYA 28ish today. I'll give it a few more days. Then maybe add more. 8 lbs + 3 dichlor during SLAM. Not alot of backwashing so far.

Also, this is how MN kids roll. 76 and sunny. Water at 68.
hu2a9eju.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's cold water!!! :mrgreen: They just don't seem to mind it! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My kids get in the pool every year right after I open it. Last year I was quite impressed. Water was 51F. They lasted 5 minutes. This year it was 62F and they lasted about 20. I prefer at least 75F.

Added another 1.75 lbs of CYA two days ago.

Already made a no-no mistake. Had to be gone for a day and a half and forgot to tell my better half to put in a half gallon of bleach. FC was at 1 last night when I was able to test. Bumped it up to 8 for overnight, will bump it back up to that again this evening and do a OCLT.

32 ounces of 96% HTH CYA yesterday. That stuff dissolves ALOT faster than the 8 lb bucket I bought online. Gone in hours versus over a day with the other stuff. Must be that 4% that helps haha. Should get me to 38. Until it rains another 3 inches and I have to drain again...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.