New Member from MN

Lunch time testing!

pH 7.0 (still makes me a bit nervous, but returns aimed up, hopefully it sticks and rises and helps drop TA as a side effect)
FC 0.5
CC 0.5

Looks like CCs are having a chance to gas out when I wait between bleach additions, but I'm still not through with ammonia as no FC is holding.

Added 3 more gallons, brushed the sides well and put in my R2 unit to work over the bottom while I'm back at work.

No pics... so I'll insert this smiley even though I have no idea what it means. :pr:

Also since it's Friday here's the worst Friday song ever
(WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSEQUENCES OF WATCHING THIS VIDEO, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: IT GETTING STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, DAMAGE ARISING FROM SMASHING DEVICE USED FOR VIEWING, INJURIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE VIDEO FROM YOUR MEMORY)
FRIDAY
:slidehalo:

Also since it's Friday here's the worst Friday song ever
(WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSEQUENCES OF WATCHING THIS VIDEO, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: IT GETTING STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, DAMAGE ARISING FROM SMASHING DEVICE USED FOR VIEWING, INJURIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE VIDEO FROM YOUR MEMORY)
FRIDAY
:slidehalo:

OMG... hate to say it but that disclaimer is totally inadequate...

Your original 8ppm ammonia reading -- not 100% sure, but believe that is a site record. Nice to see the 8 / 4 / 0.25 progression.

So tested after work.
PH 7
FC 2!
CC 0!

The battle is won!
Me: 1 Ammonia:0
The brave warriors numbering 25 and their assistants:
2ujenagu.jpg

My manly CYA stocks make a triumphant return... Over the returns this time with fancy weights.
na7ugene.jpg

2 more gallons of 12.5%
Hash the robot in and time to clean him out. I got worms.
temyryty.jpg

Then a brushing while the robot goes back in. Gives me a salute in the form of a rare wall climb!
e2ajabun.jpg

30 minutes later
PH 7
FC 9.5
CC 0
1 more gallon!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Are you going to pay the pool guy after he did not do what you asked? I would think about paying for the parts (and hate every min. of it) but NOT the trip charge since he came before time and did NOT do everything you asked.

Good job on killing that A beast! That was quite a battle!

Kim

Yep. Will try tonight. Filter needs time to get the sediment out but I wanna see where it's at chemically.

Speaking of filter, hadn't checked pressure since last night. Just realized today I was reading it wrong. Was reading it like my old 30 psi. This one is 60 psi. So my clean pressure is actually 14. Anyway, it had crept up to 20 today after all my brushing and R2 unit going. Big time backflush and rinse. Back to 14 psi.

Pool guy just charged my credit card on file for the 2nd visit. They're going to here about that one very soon. Bull@! $#

Fantastic job on defeating the ammonia!

Now go eat that pool guy for charging your acct! :grrrr: And make sure your card is deleted from their system! I'd call the company and tell them not to authorize any transactions from them from this day forward!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Timer installed!
Pump running!

3 small leaks in my replumbing. Very small drip from valve outlet adapter and valve/filter o-ring. Small but more significant drip from valve inlet adapter. Those darn threaded adapters... I used teflon tape, but maybe I overtightened or didn't use enough tape.

When I redo them, should I try tape again or use liquid pipe sealant/dope?

Should I lubricate the valve/filter o-ring?

My filter/valve replumbing thread is here if interested or want background.

Threaded fittings were invented by Satan himself in the depths of h-e-double hockey sticks...(apparently I can't say that here..)

I used pipe dope. First time didn't use enough, it leaked. Really slow leak.
Second time, second fitting I used more. Didn't leak.

Removed first fitting, cleaned and added more dope. Doesn't leak anymore.

Unfortunately, second fitting decided to start leaking about 3 weeks after I installed it. So far, I'm ignoring it because it only leaks when the skimmer is not attached or the pump is off. So I'm leaving the skimmer attached forever and I have no timer so the pump is always on anyway.

Someday I'll try removing it and re-doping it. Maybe I'll do teflon tape too.

Plenty of people here insist that the pipe dope works, others insist the teflon tape does the trick, and some swear by using both together. Apparently theirs don't leak.

Best of luck to you. Maybe call an exorcist to assist.

I lucked out on the valve/filter o ring. I tapped the outer ring a few times and then snugged the screws ever so slightly and the leak is gone!

The threaded fittings however continue their impish ways and drip drip drip. They are indeed evil. The local priest walks most days near my house. Maybe I'll flag him down and exercise the demon threads...

Added more today. It had dropped from when I upped it to 14 earlier to 10.5 in 5 hours. Lots of sun. CYA reading about 20. Added some dichlor and bleach to bring it up to 14 FC again. CYA socks were empty at the end of the day yesterday.
hetane3e.jpg

Can easily see floor drain in deep end and count screw heads.

I have a non functional wall light in the deep end that, now that I can see it better, appears to be half full of dirty water. Will have to remove soon!

I'd do it while you're right in the middle of the SLAM! :goodjob:

Was gone for 24 hours. FC went from 12 to 5. Bumped back to 12.
Then took out the wall light.
hy7ajabu.jpg

Gross!
Some gasket/putty fell out and went to bottom of pool. Scooped it out.
5e7y9aze.jpg

Assuming this was jammed behind the light to seal against niche opening in back. Does that necessarily need to go back in when I fix/replace light?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.