Squbbles77

Jun 17, 2022
Bremen, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi.. I’m Beth from KY… not new to pools but never been good with the chemicals.. this summer is challenging due to the cost of everything going up- including chlorine tablets….. so I’m here to check out the right way to do the chemicals and keep my pool clear for my kiddos.. anyways, I’m a plain Jane country gal with three kids (2 girls 18 yr old and 3 year old I gave birth to and 1 boy 18 yr old I took in) and I have a little 11 year old chihuahua and a black lab that’s like 4 years old… I love bass fishin and I make soft plastic baits too… I’m glad to be here!

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Welcome, Squbbles77!

Fortunately for you, the TFP method uses the absolute least amount of chemicals possible, and none of them are expensive (even with the highly inflated prices everyone is dealing with right now). The only three things I've bought all season have been liquid chlorine, muriatic acid, and CYA. Your initial biggest investment is going to be a good test kit, but when you compare it to the price of pool store potions that don't even work, it really isn't that bad. You will need to pick up either a Taylor K-2006-C available on Amazon or a TF-100 or TF-Pro from TFTestKits.net. Same stuff, same reagents, but the TF kits are a slightly better deal given the quantities you get.

You can familiarize yourself with our methods here: