New here, do I need to fix my TA and CH?

Doug Burnett

Bronze Supporter
Apr 13, 2023
St. Peterburg, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
New plaster, Pebblesheen, filled end of July. Have been adding muriatic acid 2x/week to get PH down (PB says that will continue as plaster cures), which gets the PH down to 7.6 or so, but then it always climbs through the week. TA is also persistently high, and CH is consistently low. Do you recommend I get the CH up, and drive the TA down by lowering the PH to 7.0-7.2 and aerating? If yes, in what order should I do that? See my current readings below (Using the TFP Pool Math App, which is awesome btw):
FC: 7.5
PH: 8.0
TA: 120
CH: 225
CYA: 90
Salt: 3000
Temp: 86
CSI: 0.26

Thanks for any help/advice you all can provide.

Doug

It will take time to lower TA and using aeration to increase pH. So just continue to do that process and continue to test to see progress.

Increase your CH now but do not go overboard- take it slow. Increase to 300 and see how that settles out.

Your CYA is a little high but you are using SWCG so that is good - just monitor it and always follow the
FC/CYA Levels for SWCG use.

When you are doing the CH and TA, continue to add drops until the color doesn't change - and then subtract the last drop that didn't change or intensify the color.

It will take time to lower TA and using aeration to increase pH. So just continue to do that process and continue to test to see progress.

Increase your CH now but do not go overboard- take it slow. Increase to 300 and see how that settles out.

Your CYA is a little high but you are using SWCG so that is good - just monitor it and always follow the
FC/CYA Levels for SWCG use.
Thanks much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.