New build need equipment help

OBenthooo

Sep 2, 2023
Las Vegas
Just curious what benefit you think that provides.

A successful build requires attention to detail. If you're happy with your PB, crosscheck and verify their work. Nobody will care about your build more than you. The devil is in the details, but so is salvation.
@pjt Following! I’m doing and O/B and I too was quoted for 2 pumps (intelliflo 3 VSP & Superflo) and was told one was for the 3 24” sheer descents and the other for the pool. I was told efficiency would be an issue. The pool is 12x28, no spa. Are there benefits to 2 individual pumps? I’m unsure of what questions need to be asked to really know.

Welcome to TFP.

2 individual pumps will give you greater flow rate then one pump. Especially if one pump is not restricted by a large filter or heater.

If you are doing an O/B you should review the manuals for all the equipment you are installing.

Three 24" sheer descents will require quite a bit of flow. See what the manual says it requires and then we can discuss the flow rates other equipment you will have need and if one pump can do it all.

@pjt Following! I’m doing and O/B and I too was quoted for 2 pumps (intelliflo 3 VSP & Superflo) and was told one was for the 3 24” sheer descents and the other for the pool. I was told efficiency would be an issue. The pool is 12x28, no spa. Are there benefits to 2 individual pumps? I’m unsure of what questions need to be asked to really know.
My opinion is you need only one 3hp pump. Inteliflo is adjustable to your needs. On one pump i run a side, 2 24inch sheer desents and 3 bubblers. You just won’t be able to run main returns at the same time which is fine. Your pool plumber should be able to help you purchase your pumps heater etc at their cost. And you get the trade 3 yr warranty vs the Amazon 90 day warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.