New Build-Mt.Pond in Kentucky!

Moving along!
29p2of4.jpg

260dfmf.jpg

5uof1f.jpg

Poolneophyte--Thank you for the advice on the solar cover. I was curious how we were going to deal with that issue!
Honestly, we only used the solar cover a few times. It was just too much of a PITA to use. We would rather deal with a higher electric bill due to our heat pump running longer than deal with the solar cover. If we had a rectangular pool where we could use a single piece cover which can use a reel for easy storage, that would be another story. It's one of those purchases that I wish I never made.

Honestly, we only used the solar cover a few times. It was just too much of a PITA to use. We would rather deal with a higher electric bill due to our heat pump running longer than deal with the solar cover. If we had a rectangular pool where we could use a single piece cover which can use a reel for easy storage, that would be another story. It's one of those purchases that I wish I never made.

I had seen something on Amazon a while back that was like a solor cover roller type thing for free form shaped pools. I thought something like that might help...but might not even be worth the hassle. I know several people who never use a solar cover anyway.

Last edited:
Awesome! I understand your excitement! I like the shape and you have a nice, big yard for your pool. It's going to change the entire 'feel' of your yard. Didn't you say in the liner roundup thread that you chose a gray liner? Which gray liner did you choose?
So happy for you and your family!
Sherry

Awesome! I understand your excitement! I like the shape and you have a nice, big yard for your pool. It's going to change the entire 'feel' of your yard. Didn't you say in the liner roundup thread that you chose a gray liner? Which gray liner did you choose?
So happy for you and your family!
Sherry

This is the liner we picked:

154jdld.jpg

It's Imperial pools/Vinyl Works and is called Gray Granite. We ordered it without a border.
I'm hoping it won't be as dark in real life as it seems in the pictures but we'll see! Either way I'm excited to be swimming soon! :)

I like it! I'm very curious to see your pictures because gray was one of the colors I was so close to going with. Also, will be interesting to see with no border. I would have went without a border, but hubby wanted one for a couple of reasons. Good luck. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Sherry

This is the liner we picked:

154jdld.jpg

It's Imperial pools/Vinyl Works and is called Gray Granite. We ordered it without a border.
I'm hoping it won't be as dark in real life as it seems in the pictures but we'll see! Either way I'm excited to be swimming soon! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm having a pity party...

It seems to be one issue after another.... First they dug a hole in our yard then crews couldn't work on it for a week because "they had to finish up another pool". Then they couldn't work because of rain. Then when they did work they put the pool form in at an angle which wasn't right. So they had to take it apart and redo it--BUT IT STILL wasn't right and was angled AGAIN!! So they took it apart and back up it went--Finally they put it in straight. Today they were scheduled to dig the hopper. I get a text saying that their "Bobcat is down" and they are waiting on mechanic to fix it. They might not be able to come until tomorrow.

I'm so disappointed. PB promised our pool and retailing wall would be done in three weeks tops. Three weeks will be this Thursday and there is no way. We don't even have the footers cemented in yet--and still have the HUGE retaining wall which hasn't even been started. The pool was suppose to be completed in two weeks and the wall in one. I feel like the swim season will be over by the time pool in finally completed!

Thanks for letting me vent! I'm so bummed out.

It seems it always takes longer than anticipated, we were just getting a liner replaced and it was delayed by two weeks. The PB had other clients to serve, and lost a worker to injury during the time we were scheduled. Once done it was only a couple of days and we were swimming, and look forward to years of enjoyment. Good luck. It looks like it will be a beautiful pool when done.

They are running plumbing today and gravel filling tomorrow. Anything I should know or tips? Also, they have set up for deck jet next to slide--anyone have their slide next to deck jet? Pro/cons? Said I have till tomorrow to move/change my mind. Also tips on what I should know about setting up equipment pad. Thanks!

deck jet.......some people find it fun to come off the slide under/into the spray of it.

What is the reason you got a deck jet? When you answer that then you may know where you want it put.

Equipment..........make sure it is all easy to get to and work on. The pump basket will need to be emptied so you need to be able to get to it with out playing twister LOL

The filter will need to be cleaned every once in a while so take that into account as well. Can you lift the top off where it is?

:kim:

deck jet.......some people find it fun to come off the slide under/into the spray of it.

What is the reason you got a deck jet? When you answer that then you may know where you want it put.

Equipment..........make sure it is all easy to get to and work on. The pump basket will need to be emptied so you need to be able to get to it with out playing twister LOL

The filter will need to be cleaned every once in a while so take that into account as well. Can you lift the top off where it is?

:kim:

Thank you! I love the idea of the jet over the slide! The kids will like it that way I think!
Also, when I think of the things you pointed out I believe the equipment will work well where they are going to place it! Thanks!

did they put the skimmer next to the entry steps??

That seems like an odd place to put it. Or is that where your wind usually blows to? Then it's a good place.

But they're usually near the deep end unless you have 2.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.