New Build in West Houston Area - PB

LOVE IT!!!! I was hoping that was what it was! Is it made of TILE? are they done on a mat to keep them where they should be or does an "artist" have to put it together using a grid? It THAT the tile or just a picture?

Kim:kim:

LOVE IT!!!! I was hoping that was what it was! Is it made of TILE? are they done on a mat to keep them where they should be or does an "artist" have to put it together using a grid? It THAT the tile or just a picture?

Kim:kim:

That's the actual tile. It comes shrink wrapped on two cardboard carriers (it's about 5' long so they split it).

Tile contractor is going to float under the area and then install it next day...

Applause, cheers!!!!!!!!!

My daughter swims competitively (she's 9, 2nd in district - 50 back and fly) and saw me looking at this thread.

Now she thinks our 16x32 pool is trash and wants and upgrade. I told her I would fly her to Houston since it would be cheaper.

Congratulations. That's one heck of a pool, and for it to be your plan, simply outstanding.

All the best.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you going to have water trucked in or fill from your hose for 2 weeks straight??? MY word that's a huge pool. I love it! Can't wait to see more pics

I clocked flow through a 1.5" pvc line from the meter box at around 50 gpm, so that should allow the pool to fill in roughly 29 hours. I might pay a neighbor or two for use of their hoses as well to speed things up...

Progress shot mid day 8
9604c9816e203cc706ad11df438f9882.jpg
4325843e87a32614d97329769e03c93c.jpg

I'm so grateful for this thread. A wonderful nightcap. Beautiful lanes! Despite an initial...momentary concern they would not be defined enough, I had faith they would be bold enough, and I'm guessing they will be outrageously perfect after seeing the wide shots. You two might have a side job conceptualizing other people's pools! Turtles are adorable as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.