New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Looking Great!

Are you using paint for the rest of the pool?
Is there some sort of drain in the sunken patio area to remove water that gets splashed in?

Plaster - wet edge - pearl matrix - southern lights is the plan.

There is a sump box with a 3" pipe running to adjacent house wall. I plan on running a float switch 12v bilge pump and drain line down that 3" pipe... along with a flex gas line for a fire pit.

Really looks great and well-designed. I would probably also look into a robot designed for commercial pools as mentioned earlier.

I started looking into dolphin commercial units. They seem to have less features and a shorter warranty (2 year vs 3 year for the M500).

Performance looks equivalent.... so, other than the longer cords, I'm not sure why they cost 2.5X as much as the M500.

Some of the numbers / specs for the build nerds (like me):

Excavation:
600 cubic yards volume in ground
72 x 12-yard-trucks hauled off
(3 work days)

Steel:
~18,000 LF #4 rebar
(2 work days)

Plumbing:
~300 LF 3" PVC
~1,300 LF 2" PVC
~350 LF 1.5" PVC
(6 work days)

Gunite:
190 cubic yards (probably more like 160 in place after rebound and shot compression)
10" walls top to bottom, 9" floors
(1.5 work days)

1st clean-up:
30 cubic yards
(0.5 work days)

Tile & Coping:
400 SF glass
220 SF split-face
330 LF 5cm coping
(10 work days)

Plaster - wet edge - pearl matrix - southern lights is the plan

You have such a crazy awesome build, please add a signature with your pool info. For years ahead, people will come across your build and want to know the details. When researching, it's time consuming to go back through each page of a build thread to find a single detail or two. Dimensions, depths, equipment, finish brand and color, robots, features, tile name, etc. And it's nice to include a link to this thread for when you post comments/suggestions on other people's threads. They can go right to your build and learn so much! Don't wait until your pool is finished - you can always edit anytime.
Thanks!

I started looking into dolphin commercial units. They seem to have less features and a shorter warranty (2 year vs 3 year for the M500).

Performance looks equivalent.... so, other than the longer cords, I'm not sure why they cost 2.5X as much as the M500.

Good to know. The commercial units I have seen are twice the size in addition to having longer cords. I just hope for your sake that the M500 can cover the entire surface area. If it can, I wouldn't bother with a commercial unit then for the reasons you mention.

You have such a crazy awesome build, please add a signature with your pool info. For years ahead, people will come across your build and want to know the details. When researching, it's time consuming to go back through each page of a build thread to find a single detail or two. Dimensions, depths, equipment, finish brand and color, robots, features, tile name, etc. And it's nice to include a link to this thread for when you post comments/suggestions on other people's threads. They can go right to your build and learn so much! Don't wait until your pool is finished - you can always edit anytime.
Thanks!

Test of signature....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With your update on the signature I see you're using 2-30 gallon Stenner chlorine pump systems. I definitely applaud using a parastaltic pump, I hooked up a 12gpd rola-chem on a digital timer recently and it's working wonderfully. Also with two water return systems it makes sense to run 2 chlorine systems, but the volume seems large even for an 83K gallon pool. You've seemed to put an enormous amount of thought into this project so I'm actually just curious what was the reason behind having 60 gallons of chlorine around?

Not that a larger tank is hurting anything, you can always just not fill it as much if it turns out a month's supply of liquid chlorine is less than that. Anyway, I think you'll like those Stenner system very much. I haven't used the Stenners but have heard good things about them and with my parastaltic pump I've gotten it to where FC varies roughly 0.5ppm within target. I just check once a day and it's always right on or a 0.5ppm up or down from last time I checked depending on everything... No measuring and pouring bleach in everyday (not that that is difficult) but I just measure FC and pH, see everything is good, go have dinner. And since I've got it programmed to add chlorine 7 times throughout the entire day, I'm confident it's never dropping out at any point.

With your update on the signature I see you're using 2-30 gallon Stenner chlorine pump systems. I definitely applaud using a parastaltic pump, I hooked up a 12gpd rola-chem on a digital timer recently and it's working wonderfully. Also with two water return systems it makes sense to run 2 chlorine systems, but the volume seems large even for an 83K gallon pool. You've seemed to put an enormous amount of thought into this project so I'm actually just curious what was the reason behind having 60 gallons of chlorine around?

Not that a larger tank is hurting anything, you can always just not fill it as much if it turns out a month's supply of liquid chlorine is less than that. Anyway, I think you'll like those Stenner system very much. I haven't used the Stenners but have heard good things about them and with my parastaltic pump I've gotten it to where FC varies roughly 0.5ppm within target. I just check once a day and it's always right on or a 0.5ppm up or down from last time I checked depending on everything... No measuring and pouring bleach in everyday (not that that is difficult) but I just measure FC and pH, see everything is good, go have dinner. And since I've got it programmed to add chlorine 7 times throughout the entire day, I'm confident it's never dropping out at any point.

One tank is for chlorine and the other for Acid. I don't imagine I will be filling the Acid tank very often, but the chlorine tank could be getting filled every 10 days or so depending on the time of year...

I didn't realize the walkway to the hot tub was a swim under bridge! Fantastic! Shark 1 one will be a real talking point. Lane ends/anchors after tile cross outline are wonderful visual features! Thanks for posting another video!

- - - Updated - - -

After flipping back to the rendering, I'm shocked I missed it! Such a great feature and it will be a real hit, especially in the rain, at noon, and for Marco Polo.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.