New build in South Texas

So which yard would be used more? LOL

Do the dogs miss their yard? Or do you have another area they can run and romp?

Did you already have a vision in your mind when you started thinking about the pool?

Kim

The dogs still have a lot of places they can go, separate from the immediate pool area. The vision we gave the PB was that we wanted multiple levels and a area behind the catch basin to sit. When we put the retaining wall in that separates the main body of water from our backyard, we actually had the wall built out in the water and then backfilled to give us more room and extended out where water use to be. We had two pool builders quote and design the back yard. South Texas pools got it right the first time

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your fur-babies too! How are the dogs adjusting to the pool? I'm curious if our "water dog" (Golden Retriever) will be interested in our pool... Several of our friends that have recently put in a pool, and have Goldens, all tell us their dogs are scared of the water! Side note: The drone footage, top notch!

Incredible thread and incredible pool. While availability of money is obviously a factor in the final product, the attention to detail, fitting in with the environment, being a steward to the natural habitat, tremendous good taste, and an understanding that elegance doesn't have to be gaudy is highly evident throughout the entire thread. Truly beautiful outcome and a remarkable documentation. I just saw and read this thread tonight...thanks for bringing us along for the ride and hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your fur-babies too! How are the dogs adjusting to the pool? I'm curious if our "water dog" (Golden Retriever) will be interested in our pool... Several of our friends that have recently put in a pool, and have Goldens, all tell us their dogs are scared of the water! Side note: The drone footage, top notch!

The dogs show no interest in going in. We took them in the water once to try and give them a sense on how to get out in case they ever fell in

eqbob & Punniya:

Thank you both for your kind words. They really touch my heart.

We were fortunate to find a pool builder that shared our vision and treated our build as if it was his own. While another pool builder we asked to submit a design kept telling us "we can't do that" to our ideas, the pool builder we chose could find no obstacles and instead embellished our ideas. He truly put his heart into our build.

Once again, thank you!

Diane (Martin's wife)

eqbob & Punniya:

Thank you both for your kind words. They really touch my heart.

We were fortunate to find a pool builder that shared our vision and treated our build as if it was his own. While another pool builder we asked to submit a design kept telling us "we can't do that" to our ideas, the pool builder we chose could find no obstacles and instead embellished our ideas. He truly put his heart into our build.

Once again, thank you!

Diane (Martin's wife)

I feel the same way about our pool builder. We did a no deck, low profile pool with swim jets, etc. Interviewed 4 builders and 3 of them spent 15 minutes here and said yeah we can do that. The 4th, and the one we chose, spent 2.5 hours sketching, measuring, talking through design points, etc. It was easy to know we were going with the right PB. Glad you had what sounds like a similar experience.

Update:
So far its been about 8 months since our project has been completed and other than a couple of actuator valves that had to be replaced, we have had no issues. The PB ( South Texas pools)came back and replaced some landscaping that had died. We shut the heater down for the month of January as the outside temperature was to cold for the heat pump to consistently work. I turned the heat back on last night as the forecast shows a warming trend.
WWW.southtexaspools.com actually updated their website and featured our pool for Vanishing edge, mosaics and kitchen. The builder is in Puerto Rico this week at a swimming pool convention, where they entered our pool into best vanishing edge pool contest.
We still look at all the great pools that continue to be built and visit this site regularly.

Wow... it's beautiful! I always think... this pool can't get any nicer and you go ahead and post more pics and it gets better n better!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update:
. The builder is in Puerto Rico this week at a swimming pool convention, where they entered our pool into best vanishing edge pool contest.

QUOTE]

I was scheduled to fly down to San Juan this week but ended up going to Washington DC instead. Had I been there, and allowed to vote - you know where my vote would go. I keep telling Bob that we need to retire to the part of Texas you live and find a place on that river and then have your PB build our pool -Karen

How lovely! I hope you're downloading more pictures as I type! Don't tease us with just one!

What river do ya'll live on? Maybe we'll just pack up and join you if those empty lots are still available!! LOL!! Just kidding, that's all way out of my league. And besides, I could NEVER make all the build and design decisions required for that type of project.

I know ya'll love it down there!! Have a great holiday tomorrow and take care! Suz.

This pool is the most amazing pool I've ever seen.... I would love to see some pictures of parties and people enjoying the area (sorry if you posted them and I didn't see them, its a big thread)... Thank you for sharing and making me dream

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.