New Build in Katy, TX

The city said the post inside the corner column needed to be a larger diameter than what the builder put in to support the additional weight. The structural engineer said it was fine. Since the city wouldn't budge our choices were to take the $3900 and put it towards upgrades/cash back or pay an additional $3500 to tear out the corner column, replace with a larger post, then put bricks back on it.

At the end of the day we decided to just not mess with it. I have been promised the pool will be ready for our house warming party July 4th, let's hope they didn't lie to me about that.

Anybody have a better idea on how to tie the downspouts from the gutters into the drainage? Really disappointed with how this looks.

187793f56511a4d7793bc2db63912a10.jpg

No.......just no. That is not acceptable......I would go down to Lowes and see what they have that would look better THEN come back and tell them what you want done instead.

Do they think that will be covered up with something like dirt or concrete? Trying to see where they are going with it....maybe they have a plan???

I would talk to the PB and see what he says.

Kim:cat:

Just missing one fitting and paint if it's not covered.

I found some 2x3 fittings at Home Depot instead of the 4x5's they put on there. I sent the link to the pool builder, if he won't go get them I'll go spend the $2.45 each to get the 2 we need. It wouldn't be a huge deal if they weren't where you will always see them when sitting on the patio.

Anybody have a better idea on how to tie the downspouts from the gutters into the drainage? Really disappointed with how this looks.

187793f56511a4d7793bc2db63912a10.jpg

My husband is actually working on ours today to have it done before our deck gets poured next week. He looked at our neighbor's to see how they did it and I asked him to go take a picture for you. I'll update soon.

Here is how my neighbor's was done:

Sorry, took the picture from over the fence. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My husband is actually working on ours today to have it done before our deck gets poured next week. He looked at our neighbor's to see how they did it and I asked him to go take a picture for you. I'll update soon.

Here is how my neighbor's was done:

Sorry, took the picture from over the fence. [emoji5]

Thank you for that. That looks much better and looks like they used something similar to what I found at Home Depot.

2 in. x 3 in. x 4 in. Styrene Offset Down Spout Adapter 904 at The Home Depot - Mobile

They are now supposed to be here tomorrow to start on the patio.

In the meantime I got my tunes hooked up. Definitive Technologies AW6500's and a Polk Omni A1 amp that runs off wifi. Also bought an adapter for the living room so we can have the same music playing inside and out.

I am impressed with these speakers so far, but might add a Niles sub that can be buried in the front flower bed for a little more bass out by the pool.

4e17506ab52f0d152539de6f1f006269.jpg

Location where I might bury a sub
5773f4b9dcbb8d1214a62b0f4a0153a7.jpg

They were here for a whole 2 hours today then said they'd be back tomorrow. It's no wonder PB says 5 days for decking with work days like that. I do have plaster scheduled for July 11, so I guess that's progress. Just annoyed that 3 weeks ago I was promised July 4th, then zero movement and reschedules to get to today. I was just glad to see someone here for a change.

If that was the case they could've started a week ago when they were supposedly delayed because of rain at another job site. I haven't gotten hardly a drop of rain in the last 2 weeks. There've been a lot of dark clouds around, but no rain at my house.

At this point I'm just trying to get through the next 2 weeks and thinking about cannon balling off the waterfall.

Progress today. Not sure if they'll start laying the travertine or not. They had to go get some more sand and need to put pvc pipe from the planters to the outside edge of the patio so I can run landscape lighting and sprinklers into them.

I have a brown thumb, so a planter that I have to manually water might as well be deck because the only thing I would be able to keep alive would be cactus and even that's iffy.

8f91eb346d8f4774d5ec825b3178fb95.jpg

Yay for progress!

I have a brown thumb, so a planter that I have to manually water might as well be deck because the only thing I would be able to keep alive would be cactus and even that's iffy.

I totally understand what you mean. We've been slowly trying to turn our black thumbs green but in 5 years of attempts I consider them a dark gray green. Share if you find anything that works for you. We've found that our Rosemary withstands almost everything and just keeps growing (plus it smells awesome when it's wet), and our Aloe Vera keeps multiplying and growing though it occasionally turns a little gray when it gets too much water with our rain. Not sure what we're going to do for pool landscape yet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.