New Build in Katy, TX

I'm guessing you'll be ready before me. We probably won't get plastered for atleast 2 weeks. The big issue right now is that we can't start the decking until the column removal is approved by the city. Once that happens things will likely go quickly from there. The travertine is ready to be picked up whenever we are ready for it.

I'm taking my wife to look at a pool that got plastered last week in the Satin Matrix Antiqua, which produces a very similar water color to the Indigo Blue Prism Matrix.

When I called Wet Edge yesterday, the lady I talked to said one of the people there just finished a pool. With all the color and custom options, especially working for the company that makes the stuff, they had gone with Indigo Blue.

If the Satin Matrix Antigua pool is not on TFP, please take a lot of pics to post here ( if the owners are ok with that).

Columns are removed all the time...I wonder why cities / towns need a permit for that. They should do an inspection after the fact and also look at pictures. The home owner is vested enough to take care that a good job is being done. Also, it's not like the city will take any responsibility if anything happens.

The Antigua pool isn't on here that I have seen. I can't believe I didn't think to take pictures. However, the water color was just what we were looking for, but my wife finally said it didn't have any pop. Guess Prism Matrix it is if it's pop she wants. I need to order some of the samples from wet edge to determine what combination we want, but probably Indigo Blue or Eclipse stones and glass. Just not sure on the mortar.

They finished the waterline tile Friday and were here early this morning to wheelbarrow all the coping to the back and set it in place. They are now going to work on making 12x24 pieces of travertine into curved pieces. Pretty interesting to watch craftsmen work.

4cc45394de4f59571bd9e6b39f343205.jpg

Some more pics from today. They run them lengthwise on the pool and vertically on the spa. Pretty interesting how they round it and make the angle cuts perfectly with a hand held angle grinder. Hopefully they start the stacked stone spillway today as well.

38a25426aa2602e4c40ac2579dff9b3b.jpg

7c8ff68f8f83b19968bbcf89fe69b48a.jpg

7d53273d56620aef764fc86b35e86ca7.jpg

As I was walking out the door one of the workers rings the doorbell and tells me a snake crawled into the garage. I grab the clicker and hoe. Luckily he hadn't gotten very far, so I moved the trash cans out of the way and he pulls him out and pins him with a push broom. One less copperhead in the lake now atleast. I was just glad I was there and they happened to be taking a wheelbarrow of sand to the back because my 4 year old finding it could've been bad.

cc658f6c68c3398c0b50da0ffab2b271.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's the 2nd one for us. I think with all the rain and they just started building a house 2 doors down, so the snakes are a little stirred up right now. Hopefully we only have the one because I don't want my wife coming across one when she's taking the dogs out at 4 in the morning.

Also, these guys are absolutely artists and were definitely worth waiting for. Sounds like we'll have coping and the split face on the spa today and they will start the waterfall tomorrow. We decided to add an extra ton of rock to make sure it looks full enough. That makes the waterfall a 6 ton waterfall.

Beautiful--Love the travertine coping!! I'm loving our travertine pavers that were installed last week and sort of wish we'd done travertine for the coping too. Do they use the same tumbled travertine for both?

Many snakes showing up around my pool under construction in Florida. So far they're harmless black racer snakes.

But still glad I'm having the pool screened.

Have you considered a screened pool cage? Does anyone have a screened pool in Texas?

Done for the day. Coming back tomorrow to put the coping across the top of the spillway and start the waterfall. The gaps in the coping are for accent rocks where the planters will be.

They also apparently found some fire rings already installed in natural rocks, so I'll be interested to see how those look tomorrow. Below is a picture of what we're aiming for on the look for the waterfall.

9dca964cf2186bcbe4e02e1f95712ab0.jpg

0757ff7d4f073f48f70727a92495ae53.jpg

c6808c58ff52fdfd6e6d5a493c5593ae.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.