New build in central PA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431099453.798738.jpg

Thats the only other pic I have for now, concrete truck hit the new deck Wednesday and it's been a fight with them ever since. They don't want to pay to fix the deck and it's just been a bad couple days, today they should do two more pours of concrete, and this weekend I am going to install the tile floor in the pool house.

I hope things turn around for you - right away. Are you concerned about the structural integrity of the deck because of the hit? Shame on the concrete company for not immediately doing the right thing. They are missing an opportunity to turn an accident into a positive.

Good luck with the tile floor this weekend. You'll feel better getting something accomplished. I hope. Take care! Suz.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431611044.539399.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431611059.390738.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431611073.873586.jpg

All the concrete was finished up yesterday, they assembled the slide and set in into place, today and tomorrow they are doing the pool bottom and liner, hopefully tomorrow afternoon we can start filling it!!

Still haven't resolved the concrete company hitting the deck, but now that all concrete is done I can grab the bull by the horns and make them make this right.

LOVE the slide, it looks like so much fun.

I would stay on them, they need to set that right, they hit it = they repair it.

I am so envious of your progress. My concrete is holding until Monday. Still waiting on electrical approval.

Pool is looking great, can't wait until you fill, beautiful design!

Their original fix was, and I quote "we have a couple guys that work here that are pretty good carpenters, I will have them come over and replace that part of the deck". I won't agree to that because we spent a lot of money to have this deck built, it was only 3 weeks old when they hit it, I told them I want the people who built the deck to come back and fix it, but they won't agree to that.

Their original fix was, and I quote "we have a couple guys that work here that are pretty good carpenters, I will have them come over and replace that part of the deck". I won't agree to that because we spent a lot of money to have this deck built, it was only 3 weeks old when they hit it, I told them I want the people who built the deck to come back and fix it, but they won't agree to that.

I don't think that is an unreasonable request at all! Stay on them it's unacceptable.

Gee, a "pretty good carpenter" isn't quite good enough for you???? (sarcasm).

Isn't there someone like a structural engineer who can assess these situations? If they don't want to pay for your original deck builders to repair it, maybe they would rather pay for a structural engineer to make a report of what needs to be done. THEN, if you agree, their "pretty good" carpenters can do the job (if it's minor). Just maybe, they'd find it easier (and cheaper) to skip the engineer and agree for your builders to fix THEIR screw up. Sometimes if a worse (and more expensive) option is offered, they'll see the first option in a better light. Plain old negotiation! Just a thought. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you show us a picture of the damage to give us some perspective?

Kim: You're awesome! I can just hear someone squealing WEEEEEE... like I hear the 16 year-old in Sound of Music squeal after she was kissed. On top of your perfect reaction to the slide, I didn't even notice the photo was taken from the slide. It's a much more fun picture when one notices that! :oops:

Oh no! How greatly disappointing - I'm so sorry! At least your PB is working so hard and taking it seriously. He will make it right.

BTW - that is a beautiful liner. I love the trim! It's going to be gorgeous when filled with water. All the best! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.